What are the best action sequences?

What are the best action sequences?

Attached: aliens-04.jpg (700x378, 69.78K)

EVERY MARVEL MOVIE CHUD

the entire second half of the original gone in 60 seconds

Attached: 1510007830381.webm (626x350, 2.96M)

Predator

Why were the 80s so kino

Attached: target practice.webm (1100x594, 2.97M)

I rewatched Aliens for the first time in ages the other day
I'd forgotten that about half the movie goes by before they actually meet the aliens, and even then the first close encounter is more of a massacre than an action scene. It all just builds to that assault on the HQ which is pure action kino

Ya Alien and Aliens filters people hard because of this

Attached: MadMaxFR.jpg (1280x720, 90.1K)

Which is why I'm always confused when people act like Aliens is nonstop action action action. The first hour is very slow paced and there's only really three action sequences (and as you note, the first is all one sided).

Yeah if we're talking blue-tinted classic 80s action film sequels directed by James Cameron, Terminator 2 is much more action-focused. That one barely lets up once it gets going, aside from the bit with the Mexican hideaway

HEAT

Any action scene in Indiana Jones 1-3 is great

A lot of Marvel movies have mediocre action scenes, often because they're just CGI slop. That said, the main action sequence in the middle of Captain America: The Winter Soldier -- the scene starting with Winter Soldier pulling Agent Sitwell out of the car and throwing him in the path of a truck and ends with Winter Soldier being unmasked -- is amazing. The peak moment, when Cap and Winter Soldier face off and Winter Soldier is like "gun, gun, knife, fist" is so well done.

Attached: 1510090450844.webm (1000x562, 2.92M)

Lame baiting, but the "Thanos vs Everyone" scene in Infinity War was a great comic book action scene

Some I love:

-Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom alligator bridge showdown
-The Matrix Lobby scene
-The Way of The Gun car "chase" and final showdown
-Starship Troopers outpost assault
-The Raid first main skirmish
-Extraction the long take and the vs. little kids scene
-John Wick 2 assassination escape, Common fights, and final showdown
-John Wick 3 library fight

>the knife flip
Goddamn, why couldn't they have kept doing the marvel action scenes like this? Even by the next Captain America film they'd devolved back to shaky cam and quick cuts, or ugly CGI being bashed together like a kid with action figures

>even behind the scenes footage is shaky cam shit
its all garbage isnt it

unironically the best marvel action scene is s1 daredevil hallway fight

why can't the cameraman stand still?