OFFICIAL DIRTY HARRY SERIES RANKING

>1. Dirty Harry (1971)
>2. Magnum Force (1973)
>3. Sudden Impact (1983)
>4. The Dead Pool (1988)
>5. The Enforcer (1976)
This is objectively right any any other rankings are wrong

Attached: E3AC1E96-84AB-4561-9856-3838BF585061.jpg (2000x3000, 695.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9rcIJIWqYmo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>actual boomer thread
Based. Millennials and zoomers will never understand.

Attached: bda.png (380x349, 100.97K)

>Kills vigilante cops in Magnum Force because they don’t follow the law
>consciously aids a vigilante in Sudden Impact with no proof that her alleged rapists ever committed a crime and never turns her in for the numerous murders she committed
Makes sense

It does.

I've only watched Dirty Harry and Magnum Force, and I feel like going any further into the series will become a game of diminishing returns.

Please explain how aiding and abetting a murderer because she claimed she was raped with zero evidence makes sense when two movies earlier he killed 4 cops for doing the same thing he did

>killing liberal terrorists
>not kino

cmon bruh

Just watch The Dead Pool for fun, it’s bad but it’s still enjoyable. It has fucking Liam Neeson and Jim Carey in it

The womeme partner ruins it, and the movie just sucks all around

Bump

why is no one making real movies about modern american life anymore?

>The Enforcer last
Very stylish of you OP

Her sister is a vegatible because of the rape and they kidnapped and tried to rape her at the end.

DH = Very Good
MF = Very Good
TE = Ok / Meh to Decent
SI = Very Good
TDP = Very Good

Death Wish = Good
DW2 = Very Good
DW3 = Good
DW4 = Very Good
DW5 = Decent
Remake = Haven't Seen

Whats wrong with The Enforcer? Its easily the most based one youtube.com/watch?v=9rcIJIWqYmo

The way in which the movie exposes the hypocrisy of the upcoming feminist establishment on nearly all levels is a phenomenal piece of storytelling. It gets at the crux of the worst aspects of the seventies

This is what happens when you have different writers doing their own take on a character with no regard for consistency. I dislike Magnum Force because it feels like an attempt to walk back the statement made at the end of Dirty Harry 1

People misinterpreted Dirty Harry's message as being fascist, even though the movie is criticizing Harry and compares him to Scorpio as being two sides of the same coin. So they had to make a movie where he does the opposite of what he did in the first one.

Dirty Harry definitely had a right-wing slant, but it was more nuanced than people made it out to be.

The people themselves at the head are too out of touch, studios are too bloated to even think about taking a chance

>the enforcer
>that low
Pleb op
1. Dirty Harry
2. The Enforcer
3. The Gauntlet (it's basically a dirty Harry movie)
4. The Dead Pool
5. Sudden Impact
6. Magnum Force

That's what I love about Dirty Harry, there is an incredible amount of nuance happening under his bluntness and assertiveness, which was a reaction to the encroachment of these new ideals which have come into their apex today. I am reminded of his jumpers "talk" down in the first movie. And how differently we handle even the slightest maladies today.

I think The Enforcer could have worked, it is unfortunately botched. The car chase scene in which Dirty Harry bullet points his philosophy why enforcement exists is shabby, simply the movie does not give enough time to draw the difference between the two.

>and they kidnapped and tried to rape her at the end.
And she murdered three of them before that happened, the entire reason Harry was sent there was to investigate said murderers. We can argue semantics but it’s clearly bad writing that he would pursue vigilantes in one movie then let them off the hook in the next

The enforcer is objectively the best one of those though

Magnum Force > Dirty Harry
didn't watch the others

vengeance is not vigilantism

So you’re arguing it should be legal to murder your high school bully? If what was done in the movie happened irl she would still get convicted on 3 counts of murder regardless of whether the men who raped her got convicted or not