What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: 1634326531590.png (648x960, 608.58K)

It followed the comics

Too much focus on humans, not enough zombies

peaked too hard in the first episode, you can't start at 11.

Went woke.
Writing turned to shit.

It's still running

made me gay

Attached: file.png (341x599, 262.78K)

This. Everyone says "but the comics are so much better!" but they went to shit at the exact same time the show did.

it didn't actually, when it stopped following them is when it got bad

I want to pound your ass with all my might

that's not me, it's the (former) kid actor aka Carl

Attached: file.png (736x919, 668.33K)

Im triggered

They thought they could squeeze 20 seasons out of it through sheer confidence of the good numbers in the earlier seasons. Therefor instead of following the source material, they did that but made it drag on for ever. Made entire seasons of shit that was solved in a few issues. If they kept to the source material with a few changes here and there and kept with its pacing it would have been a lot better. Hell when I heard HBO was originally going to make it, with Thomas Jane as Rick I kinda wish that happened. Andrew Lincoln is a great Rick but HBO TWD would have been kino and wouldn't have been dragged out and done much better pacing wise with the traditional 10 episode seasons that HBO does.

I just realized he's actually older than me now so it's not even uooohhhhposting

Attached: file.png (640x608, 421.15K)

zoomer faggot

Seasons 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 had a nice momentum going on. Each season, their skills and gear improved significantly. Rick introducing the automatic rifle to Carl in S4 was a highlight for me.

is 21 zoomer?
thought I was a millennial

Attached: 1638671402696.gif (500x250, 1.4M)

It still 90% sticks to the comic with some extra filler added and occassionally swapping around which character does what. The overall story arcs still follow the same plot.

Nah more like 65% but then addon tons and tons of hours of complete bullshit shlock to pad out the 193 issues into a fucking 11 season show with 16+ episodes per season.

>What went wrong?
Literally nothing.
The first few episodes of S2 & almost the entirety of S7, minus the Saviors (mostly Negan & Simon; Gavin is underrated) are water treaders.
Everything else is kino.
And continues to be.

Nothing, it's the best long lasting show that hasn't ended.

>Everything else is kino.
I wouldn't say that, but almost everything is passable. TWD has some of kinoest moments ever though.

Yeah, this. There are some really cringe moments, like gun fights being way too unrealistic but otherwise the show is pretty decent.

As shlocky as the show got, Andrew Lincoln cemented himself as a Kino-machine. Arguably one of the best performances on TV

Attached: 1632430866210.png (1280x720, 1.45M)

the governor saga

could of been good if it just followed the comics, turned the governor into some shitty ass country man villain when in the comics he was badass, also killing off Carl was the dumbest shit ever, i feel bad for the actor bought a house in Atlanta and Gimple told him he'd be on the show for another 3 seasons and they just killed him off

biggest fucking downgrade

Attached: 3-Assault1.jpg (980x653, 92.81K)

Sure.
TWD has always had one or two clunky episodes per season.
As well as the to-be-expected Gimple cringe &/or occasional bad execution.
But that's nothing when set against the greater kino that TWD routinely does best.

And for some reasons they still had Michonne have a super grudge against the guy as if he did the shit he did to her in the comics, but her only reason being "HE MADE ANDREA WANT TO STAY AND NOT COME WITH ME TO CONSTANTLY HAVE TO SURVIVE ALL THE TIME, THAT SON OF A BITCH"