Find a flaw

Find a flaw.

Attached: ESB.jpg (453x679, 95.34K)

Attached: ESB.jpg (453x679, 141.12K)

First of all are no real character introductions other than for new characters like Yoda and Lando. If we just went by this movie alone you'd have no idea what is going on as to why Luke is seeing a ghost of an old man at the beginning of the movie. Secondly this movie has a cliffhanger ending and thus is not a complete film.

Yes, and?

Not enough of the comic relief Lucas put in 1 with the droids and 3 with the Ewoks
I hated the Ewoks for a long time, but I've realized the first Star Wars trilogy is incredibly dark and violent and the comic relief bits were needed to keep them from getting oppressively heavy and dark
As good as Empire is Lucas had a real genius for breaking the dark moments with silly jokes and slapstick that Kasdan couldn't quite grasp

>First of all are no real character introductions other than for new characters like Yoda and Lando.
It's called showing vs. telling. Nobody wants to watch a movie that has to stop and tell us who each of these new characters are. It can just show us.
>If we just went by this movie alone you'd have no idea what is going on as to why Luke is seeing a ghost of an old man at the beginning of the movie.
"Hurrdurr, why does this sequel not hold my hand and infodump what happened in the first movie for context I could easily get from watching said movie"
>Secondly this movie has a cliffhanger ending and thus is not a complete film.
Holy bad take, Batman. Who the fuck says that a movie that ends on a cliffhanger isn't complete?

>this movie has a cliffhanger ending and thus is not a complete film

Attached: DM2108095_l.jpg (602x800, 144.77K)

There's a LOT of quipping compared to ANH
>no no, THIS one goes here, THAT one goes here
>TURN IT OFF TURN IT OFF *incoherent wookie noises*
>the whole Yoda bit while he pretends to be retarded
>Watch this........watch what?
>Threepio actually becoming pure comic relief instead of snarky droid that talks too much
>I TRUSTED THEM TO FIX IT, ITS NOT MY FAULT

Quipping isn't a bad thing when it's done right and done sparingly. Marvel movies overdo it to the point of tedium.

You'd love the prequels then

OP asked for flaws. There are flaws related to the fact that this is a sequel and the middle part of a three part story. It cannot be seen stand-alone, which is the hallmark of a good film.

it exists

George lucas made it.

None of those are quips you retard.

>It cannot be seen stand-alone
This is not a flaw.
>which is the hallmark of a good film.
Not even remotely true. Non sequitur argument.

Too much dialogue
Ligthsabers just for 3 minutes
Boba Fett just speak 10 sec
Bobba Fett´s name is Slave I
No LGBT+ representation
Lando is a black stereotype
No female empowerment leadership role
No CGI

luke's training is ludicrously short

Checked, however
>Too much dialogue
There isn't much more dialogue than than the other movies, the prequels were about 60% of people standing around and talking and this movie is far more balanced in terms of cool-shit-happening-to-dialogue ratio.
>Ligthsabers just for 3 minutes
Less is more. Sparingly is the name of the game. Save that shit for the dramatic moments, you don't need to whip your lightsaber out for everything. In fact, it's one of the few movies that gets creative with lightsaber usage. Han's the first non-Force user in the franchise to operate a lightsaber when he saves Luke, and Luke later uses said lightsaber in the Battle of Hoth to bomb the Walker. Let's not forget the fake-out in the Dagobah cave. That's far more non-traditional lightsaber usage (i.e. duels) than the rest of the saga.
>Boba Fett just speak 10 sec
He's a minor character who's not that important ultimately. This is like complaining that the "I don't like you either' guy didn't get a 10 minute scene showing what his life is like.
>Bobba Fett´s name is Slave I
You must be fucking joking.
>No LGBT+ representation
That's a good thing.
>Lando is a black stereotype
He's far more dignified and sophisticated than the average nigger. If anything, he's more unrealistic because of how intelligent and refined he is.
>No female empowerment leadership role
Leia is fucking awesome in this movie, eat shit
>No CGI
Nobody used computers back then unless they were dorks or rich

I think the biggest flaw is simply the story. It's probably has the least going on than any other star wars film. The whole trajectory of the story is Luke meets yoda, trains a bit, then goes to fight vader. All the stuff with han and the crew is mostly filler.

you are mad stupid my brotha

>It's probably has the least going on than any other star wars film
Again, less is more. You can have a movie where very little happens, but what does happen is interesting and engaging. Lots of movies have tons of things going on but lack substance.