Barbarians

>"evil", patriarchal empire that spreads civilization, women are invisible
vs.
>"good" tribesmen living in close connection with nature, women are allowed to fight and play a role in society

It's one of those shows/movies, you know. It's almost like Avatar.
If you're a german watching this, then I guess you have to be on the side of Arminius. The rest of us white people will naturally support the romans. Because in this story the dumb, black primitives are actually blonde and blue eyed.

Attached: 1621721356245.jpg (405x540, 60.94K)

>Because in this story the dumb, black primitives are actually blonde and blue eyed

Huh? Do you think germanics were black? Too much doctor who?

its a shame they have to pander with everything because the costumes and attention to authentic latin were great
totally forgettable series

He means that by the point the story takes place Germans were literally dumb primitives on par with any village in Africa.

Which, yes, they were. You can't even claim they were misunderstood like the Celts arguably are. They were literal human sacrificing insane savages.

>LE ROMANS ARE LE BAD
>We'll gladly live in a civilized western country that has been shaped by the romans instead of a third world savagery ridden shithole like everywhere in the world where the romans and later the various european empires didn't try to civilize.

Its a TV show why are you so upset

>We'll gladly live in a civilized western country that has been shaped by the romans instead of a third world savagery ridden shithole like everywhere in the world where the romans and later the various european empires didn't try to civilize.
China and various Indian countries did a better job civilizing Asia.

I'm not. I just think it's worth pointing out.

The whole noble savage thing is kind of overplayed. Germans were fucking insane savages. Not all of them, sure. But certainly a lot of them.

And Romans savagely killed or enslaved people as well, they just had uniforms and shit. Who cares.

There's literally no other "civilization" equivalent to niggers in Africa, aside from abbos in Straya. They just accomplished literally nothing their whole time being alive.

They also had slaves, of course. But this show tried to hide that fact.

They also portrayed the germanians as fairly noble up until the last episode. That's when I saw one of the most disgusting thing I've ever seen
>german hold a pair of of severed roman testicles in his hand
>says he's going to feed them to his dog
>another german grabs the bloody testicles and EATS them
What the hell!?

>And Romans savagely killed or enslaved people as well, they just had uniforms and shit. Who cares.
t. seething wehraboo in denial that MUH CHOSEN ANCESTORS were actually subsaharan tier of savage monkeys while the south of europe was building arenas the size of modern stadiums.

to be fair, they were separated from the rest of civilization by the sahara and the congo. advancement requires that competition and interplay between cultures, otherwise it’s just petty tribes and mud huts

And what of Good Solonius?

Attached: 1622220405691.jpg (300x450, 28.36K)

>There's literally no other "civilization" equivalent to niggers in Africa
Most of the world used to be like isolated parts of sub Saharan Africa. Europe is no exception, they just got over it quickly.

anyone else sees the thumbnail and think hes like a terminator?

It's fine if a show is at least honest about that. I find that way more compelling in the first place.

I think using the word tribe for the germanic people is pretty dumb
I mean they had advanced metallurgy and were able to fight against the romans, and win, on the battlefield
They weren’t hunter gatherer tier tribes people

>Quickly
Well, somewhat quickly. Give or take a few thousands years.

Quickly compared to Africans, who to this day still haven't managed to get over it.

>Quickly compared to Africans, who to this day still haven't managed to get over it.
African as a whole had civilizations before Europe ever did. If you mean a few tiny parts, yeah. But those have fuck all to work with, and at least Nigeria is putting in the effort to turn their country in something.

The shield maiden part was pathetic but quite minor. Rome as the villain isn't quite accurate. The main "bad guy" is shown to be honourable and his only weakness being the trust he put in his adopted son.

Attached: Barbarians-S01E06-The.Battle.mkv_snapshot_35.31.612.jpg (1920x960, 168.01K)

They were a tribe, user. As in they literally had a tribal system.

As for being backwards, well, Julius Ceasar himself wasn't too kind on them. Even comparing them poorly to the Gauls, who were probably actually reasonably advanced. Culturally if nothing else they were mostly just savages, with multiple signs of them performing human sacrifices and other fucked up shit.