For me, it's technical aspects and cinematography. i don't watch films for political and societal sensibilities...

for me, it's technical aspects and cinematography. i don't watch films for political and societal sensibilities. i care for sound design, framing, blocking, camera angles, sets, locations, choreography etc. fuck your politics. technical chads, please stand up!

Attached: 10a4a523d07258c447f199e1d77de691.jpg (640x347, 73.56K)

the one thing you didnt mention which this film does best is costume design

absolutely goat-tier. based mel made digital look great

It's why history, fantasy, and scifi are the best genres in demonstrating the best filmmaking techniques. Good filmmakers have no choice but to go all out. The LOTR trilogy was a wet dream for this.

I really liked this one, was surprised. Had heard bad things.

This movie is as historical as Roman Legionaires in WW1. Great costumes though.

Say what you will about Mel Gibson, the bastard sure knows story structure

For me, it's beginning middle and end.

>This movie is as historical as Roman Legionaires in WW1
fuck off. it's a mishmash of several events and histories and places but it creates an authentic setting with a plausible plot and characters, it's the best possible thing you could have got for a film set in mesoamerica

You can have plausible plots in the real setting without reimagining it. Same criticism that can be levied against Rings Of Power can be directed against Apocalypto.

Its not as innacurate as you think

>Same criticism that can be levied against Rings Of Power can be directed against Apocalypto

I didnt realize the mesoamericans were played by africans in Apocylypto.

>Spanish ships arriving 1000 years early

Bro it's just 1000 years!

no and that is my point. rings of power takes known characters and stories and changes them to fit their script. apocalypto doesn't rape any particular character or culture, it doesn't name people or places or even dates, the end result is good and it works. i was gonna describe better why it works so well and why people who say it's not historically accurate are full of shit in more detail but i'm not in themood

Pathetic.
Writing, theatrical direction, acting and score are all technical crafts too. You probably miss the point of the rest of your life, aswell. Date women for the outfits they wear or visit restaurants for interior design.

Underrated comment.

Oh yeah the spanish arriving was such an important plot point, really ruins the entire thing wowowowow.

story and narrative structure > technical aspects > ideology/message

Attached: gigachad2.png (832x1000, 123.88K)

I agree. Some OC

Attached: Screenshot_2022-02-19-04-55-50.png (2340x1080, 326.67K)

Attached: Screenshot_2022-02-19-04-57-47.png (2340x1080, 1.42M)

I want a film to either inspire or inform me.

Nothing else matters.

Attached: statue.jpg (400x400, 14.09K)

Read a book. Film will never compare when it comes to possibilities with narrative structure and story.

I mean as much as you're right you're still fucking gay for only appreciating technical merits. You know what makes a film for me? The soul.

I question why you're in a shithole like this. There's nothing to be learned or gained here.

>it creates an authentic setting
It only seems "authentic" if you know nothing about it. It's literally like what that user said - Roman legionaries in WWI. Some brianlets might find that "authentic" as well.

THIS

A picture is worth a thousand words, and at least 24 frames per second most films are worth over a dozen books

Everyone knows that by "soul" you mean an absence of darkies. Just another dogwhistle term coined by cowards.