Shin Godzilla

Just watched this as my first Godzilla movie. It fit pretty well with what I expected your typical Godzilla movie would be like, minus some of the slowpoke government satire.
What did Any Forums think about it?

Attached: shin-godzilla-FSR.jpg (700x500, 13.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AHc8732qQG8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

its akchully not like the rest of the godzilla movies, other than the original. it's kino though
what heisei era movies if you want pure godzilla as you'd imagine it

The acting was bad

It was really bad
the only good part was the atomic breath scene
the original is still the best of the series

>its akchully not like the rest of the godzilla movies, other than the original
Interesting distinction, so its basically the most faithful sequel/remake/reimagining in the series?
I guess the characters acting a bit stiff didn't really bother me because they're all nips

This shit film was purely made for 2DEEP4U redditors

it got tiring hearing the evangelion music.
>HEY LOOK, THIS MOVIE IS BY THE EVA GUY!!!
i dunno, the first movie is better i think.

This and the original are the purest Godzilla films and most reflective of the original allegory. They are still my two favorite films in the series. I don't think I could choose one over the other though because they both scratch slightly different itches.

HOWEVER, if you're at all interested in tokusatsu production and/or schlock in general, the other films are well worth watching. I went years without watching anything past the first Godzilla because I thought it was going to just be low-effort rubber suit garbage, but I randomly started watching old Ultraman a few years back and came around on toku stuff. You can tell a lot of love and effort went into a bunch (not all) of these movies, even if the budgets often weren't great.

I thought I was hearing Bleach music at some point

Second best film in the series

The acting isn't bad, it's just Japanese.

As a Godzilla kinographer, this was pretty good. Not one of the best but utter kino.
Aside from some of the crappy old movies that are just reused stock footage like Ebirah or Son of Godzilla which suck ass, Godzilla's entire catalog ranges from decent to beyond kino.

I liked SG but it's hardly a typical godzilla film.

Attached: w3rd0nE.gif (499x374, 497.71K)

Are there drugs that can beat THAT?

>Ebirah
>suck ass

Attached: SCKREEEEE.gif (500x324, 821.56K)

Go back to /m/

it was utter shit, dragged on for ages without any action. who the fuck cares about the political crap

>nothing happens and Godzilla plays catch with a crab the movie
Gay

Wait, did Son of Godzilla use stock footage? Are you sure you're not thinking of All Monsters Attack? Minilla was kind of gay, but Son of Godzilla had some awesome monster effects. I sort of get the hate for Ebirah, but I think everything besides its monster fights was really fun. It had a great opening. But I'm sure the majority of people watch Godzilla for the monster fights, so yeah.

I cant watch Godzilla when he's acting like a gay goofy superhero. Godzilla only works if it's taking itself seriously or else what is the actual fucking point.
The original and all other films that followed suit in tone to that are the kino ones, all of them.

youtube.com/watch?v=AHc8732qQG8
i want a sequel where godzilla can fulfill his duty and become the universe that birthed him

Attached: 1594948800362.jpg (500x500, 47.53K)

>nothing happens
A gigantic lobster guarding an island where a terrorist organization makes nuclear weapon components and a search party that uses a boat stolen from a bank robber gets stranded there until they wake up Godzilla who raids the base and Mothra who carries them away is 'nothing happens'?

they're bureaucrats, so it's understandable

I liked Sea Monster. Godzilla isn't even totally a good guy in that one yet. Everyone is terrified of him and they even think that if they wake him up, he might get loose and destroy the world.

I've never seen anyone make a real argument about what makes the acting in Shin Godzilla supposedly bad that doesn't boil down to cultural differences in behavior and expectations.

Attached: 1644964088487.jpg (720x1052, 73.53K)

I get the sentiment, but the other interpretation kind of grows on you as you watch the films. It doesn't really take anything away from the serious films. More than anything, seeing how they made the special effects and set pieces for the Shouwa films is really fun. Heisei had some really cool stuff too, but I sort of slept my way through Millennium. Except for that ridiculous movie with the black hole gun.

The acting isn't bad. I have no idea what these people are talking about. They should have given Satomi some English lessons but that's about it.

its 100% kino

I'm an Anno fag and was excited for it, but the editing was too frenetic. I like the fast cuts to all of the ineffective bureaucrats shuffling around to save face, but when the ENTIRE MOVIE is an ADHD fest, the tension and mood suffers.

The movie also reeked of Japanese insecurity. I don't know what the fuck they were attempting to accomplish with the Japanese-American politician, for example.

LOOL