Catching Walter White shouldn't have been too hard for the DEA

The DEA could have caught Walter White earlier if they had played it smart. In the episode, "Better Call Saul," they busted Badger after purchasing meth from him one time, which never happens. You don't go through all of the trouble of setting up an undercover cop with multiple backups watching him in order to bust a guy after a single purchase. A guy getting busted after one sale can try the whole "It was my first time" defense, which could conceivably work. Here's what would have really happened.

Anorexic cop would purchase from Badger. Then he'd buy from Badger again, and again, and again, over several weeks, maybe even months.

After becoming a trusted customer, he would have built a small bit of rapport with Badger. Maybe they would have bonded over music, or video games, or whatever, but conversations would start to happen. "Hey, let's not meet at a park bench in public. Here's my number. Call me when you've got more, okay?"

Inevitably, he and Badger would get close enough that he'd be introduced to Skinny Pete and Combo (or he'd at least hear their names). He may even hear Jesse's name mentioned once or twice, along with the famed "Heisenberg."

Of course, while all of this is happening, they would be tailing Badger. They would have pictures and addresses of Skinny Pete and Combo. There'd be a separate team, probably with separate undercover cops, each befriending the other sellers of Blue Sky. All coordinating and building a massive case.

They would eventually find out who Jesse is. That wouldn't take long at all. After all, Jesse has to meet with his sellers in order to collect the money and give them more meth to sell. They'd begin to tail Jesse, bugging his car, his phone, his home, etc... They'd know that Jesse cooks with Heisenberg and that he's pretty much 2nd in command at this point. It wouldn't be too long before they saw Walt, and then all of the pieces would fall into place.

(1/2)

Attached: ED7D4D64-3A18-4417-942B-189442A53ABC.jpg (480x480, 35.47K)

i aint reading that

Attached: 1434325990229.jpg (604x340, 50.94K)

(2/2)

Once they figured out the Walt was Heisenberg, they would have naturally looked at Hank, just to see if he was in on it. It wouldn't have taken too long to realize that Hank hadn't been covering for his brother-in-law and that everybody in Walt's family was kept in the dark about what he was doing. That's when they would move in.

They would arrest everybody and use their tons of evidence against Badger, Skinny Pete and Combo to strike a plea. After all, it's kind of hard to say that you were just trying to make ends meet for a month and had only just started selling when you've been selling the stuff for months on end.

The first to talk and roll over would get a pretty good deal compared to everybody else. One or more of them would tell them everything about Jesse and they would use that testimony to persuade Jesse to take a plea and give up Walt. Walt would have been screwed.

That's why they don't bust anybody on the first arrestable offense. Build those charges up until the bastard is looking at decades behind bars and then offer him a way to be free in 5 or 10 years.

>Voldemort says DEH! I'm not reading that.

Attached: DEH.jpg (212x238, 3.42K)

What no pussy does to a mf

The Wire Major Crimes v Gus/Walter/mike.
Who wins?

This is actually a great plan

theres plenty of times where tony soprano shouldve got caught.
him and his goons killing people in broad daylight, that one time paulie stabbed someone and somehow theres no fingerprints, and many more.
its a tv show not a documentary.
what the fuck is the point of this pasta?

>every cop on earth is a strategical genius

It’s a Tv show bro

sex gifs

based

The Sopranos is a pseud show for wannabe wops. How does that refute anything I said?
It's not some 9000IQ move it's literally the most basic undercover tactic used for decades now.

1) you vastly overestimate the amount of police resources they put into vice
2) the absolute VAST majority of Intel cops get is once some street punk is arrested they get him to roll on buddies for lighter sentencing
3) and this is a big one… it’s a fucking tv show dude.

>The Sopranos is a pseud show for wannabe wops. How does that refute anything I said?
it does not. but you gotta stop being such an autist. its a tv show

>just turn your brain off bro

>The DEA could have caught Walter White earlier if they had played it smart.
>In the episode, "Better Call Saul,"
irrelevant prequel retcon shit. ain't reading any further.

He's talking about the episode better call saul you retarded nigger

Would you really expect an intelligent WHITE male with a family to be drug kingpin?
That's pretty unrealistic even for BB world.

I know. I don't watch any episodes of Better Call Saul or accept it as justification for any retarded points

Law enforcement was never a serious threat in the sopranos. More of a casual nuisance the writers would address with throw away lines and dumped plots.

Show some respect yer talkin to the OP a dis thread.

Attached: 96E64482-E4C2-41CA-AA77-1563B9AC6233.jpg (600x641, 36.58K)

>‘My private investigator tracked you down in just a few hours’
>Meanwhile the US federal government needs over a year to do the exact same thing

Attached: BE5F3739-4CD2-4ECA-91B4-1BE0C014D6B9.jpg (300x300, 12.46K)

Doesn’t the DEA only get involved when drugs are shipped across state lines?

>A guy getting busted after one sale can try the whole "It was my first time" defense, which could conceivably work.
A mentally retarded cunt who never leaves the refuge of mom's roof and has multiple chickie tendie plates stacked beside his computer offers his legal expertise.

Why don't they just let people make and sell drugs and then just arrest them if they do something after like murder or stealing