/film/

Thread for the discussion of arthouse and classic cinema.

>/film/ literature
mega.nz/folder/OVIDlQTJ#7L4e8TGqNnbJEFqQzaf8lw
>/film/ charts
mega.nz/folder/DtpiBSjT#PFN4YVpwqQRDL7r2_ZKXUw
>/film/ directors directory
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qgdYsMPAaFWrAa_7EHLpXqpOHLaDLmytM9wJ5nhGtqs/edit?usp=sharing
>but user, how do I make webms with MPV?
github.com/ekisu/mpv-webm

Previous:

Attached: 3.-PETER-HUTTON-BW.jpg (1864x2330, 1.49M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VYQNohZLacs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>51 posts
it's over...
i can't stress it enough...
we need a discord...

i see paul newman filmography as a director, and even if he is not technical or visually appealing he choose good stories to count and i realize that is more than half of what makes a good movie.
>my favourite is marygold x rays

Post the best Kon Ichikawa movies that are not the Burmese Harp shit, the cannibal war movie or the movie with the corpse in the lake. I also don't care about the movie with the burnt down temple either. Give me something else.

youtube.com/watch?v=VYQNohZLacs

Attached: s-l300.jpg (198x300, 14.95K)

Is Bill Forsyth the most comfy director ever? I actually loved That Sinking Feeling

Most insufferable film «nerds» I know consider Gaspar Noé as a god. I think he's a good camera operator but every thing else about his films are marketing gimmicks at best. What do you think about his work ?

forgot to add pic

Attached: Gaspar-Noé.jpg (565x800, 73.24K)

Why does this place always die during American hours? Are they all capeshitters?

>why do people we go out of our way to bully not rescue the thread when we go to sleep
gee idk

do mexicans really

Attached: Sundown.2021.webm (720x300, 639.42K)

>Are they all capeshitters?
Sadly, it is highly probable.
But what do you mean by American hours ? Is it when they're asleep ?
The state of /film/ often saddens me, most of the time it's just lazy shitposts and spams but it is the only place I know to freely discuss about films online.

Attached: der-film-exposition-au-kgmz-prix-de-laffiche-suisse-1960-44042-cinema-affiche-ancienne.jpg.960x0_q85_upscale.jpg (960x1325, 106.41K)

I'm in the Uk and whenever I'm asleep this place doesn't appear to exist. I assume that's the time most Americans are awake

his three first films are memorable. but he just goes downhill from there. like he just make movies for the ambition of being a cult director not because he have something interesting to say. climax is the point of no return. completely shallow movie.
do you think i stand alone is a marketing gimmick?.

is that tim roth?

yeah it's probably because most of them are capeshitters or because they waste time loosing their shit at the idea of a black person the third reboot of a franchise made by a theme park corporation because «muh genocide»

Attached: through-the-olive-trees-scence-01.jpg (1366x768, 181.91K)

>whenever I'm asleep this place doesn't appear to exist
if you are sleeping how would you know eh?

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 12.39.12 PM.png (1280x800, 1.61M)

sauce mac fag?

Attached: mais_ne_delivrez_nous_02.jpg (700x428, 30.82K)

Every Man for Himself (1980)

Attached: 13241316_863367567102764_7547715152823247599_n.jpg (960x540, 59.28K)

>do you think i stand alone is a marketing gimmick?.
I've found the film pretty forgettable but I'd re-watch it.
What I mean by marketing gimmicks are more things like the reverse filming in Irréversible or the diptych in Lux aeterna wich both suck ass in my opinion. Except for the aerial shot of the ambulance in Irréversible. Or was it in Enter the void. I forgot.
In general I think he's a good technician but most of his films are boring.

how about you just watch them huh