DUNE

How did Denis Villeneuve get away with this?

Attached: images (16).jpg (739x415, 47.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

paulsturtevant.com/dune-eugenics-colonialism/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>black man starts going savage, foaming at the mouth and screaming like a lunatic
loved to see it

Crazy how no one talks about this movie anymore

Because most people went into it not knowing it was Dune Part 1 until the movie started. It doesn't have much going on in it worth talking about.

Kek this reminds of me of that gay post of the shirtless twink holding that old guy up against a wall. Hehe, wouldn't it be gay if someone posted that right now?

He didn’t
paulsturtevant.com/dune-eugenics-colonialism/

all post obama media is forgotten instantly

I don't know if it was my showing or not, but that scene was so dark I couldn't tell what was happening.

I dont get it
Did his mother fuck a black offworlder?
Did he come from a different tribe?
How come no one notices he looks different?
Does vilenuve know what a tribe is?
Wouldnt they notice one of them looks completely different from all of his cousins?

Terrible costume

Pretty mediocre cast

There's other nogs in there
I don't understand how I'm the racist, when leftists keep thinking arabs and niggers are the same

>DUNC
Oh yeah that happened

God I hate this about modern productions.
They used to put effort in, light the hell out of it, giant "moon" light.

Now they literally just film during day and drop brightness in post to 10%. No rim light to discern anything, just dark grey shapes, it's bullshit.

Imperative to the story that they show how well prepared for Paul was for life on Arakkis and how well the deck is stacked for him without anyone, except Jessica, really knowing.

There was an opportunity in this adaptation to slightly reframe the story in a way that rehabilitates/reimagines the character of Jamis:
>Instead of challenging Paul out of pride, he recognizes the manipulative intentions of Paul and Jessica and knows how easily they will gain control over his people using their messiah myth.
>He has a kind of Cassandra complex; No matter what he says, the Fremen will be swept up by prophecy and in the end, their way of life will inevitably be destroyed.
>The only way to stop Paul is to kill him before his legend can take hold. So Jamis issues the challenge.
But Jamis still fails, so the ultimate tone of his character is tragic, especially since his kids become loyal members of Paul's fedayakin.

Attached: 1525172554123~3.jpg (532x707, 112.54K)

But, i mean, these are desert tribes right
Theyv been desert tribes for like a thousand years
Wouldnt they all have generaly the same phenotype by now?
I mean the only genetic drift is getting raped by harkonens right
So how come all the members of the tribe look different
I mean it makes no sense

Forbes's Scott Mendelson just did an entire article about Dune reaching usd 400 mil at the box office and the upcoming sequel that starts filming this summer

There is inter-planetary travel you dumb fuck. Arrakis has off-worlders come to it all the time in the form of smugglers etc.

Also it's a fucking movie from a made up story

>I mean it makes no sense
Duh.
It's not supposed to, it's about outting nigs into it

The visions of ab alternate timeline of him being a good friend of Paul is the most effective and fastest way of rehabilitation for him. Anything else is just extraneous

Why did Denis waste so much time on fanfiction shit and change cool scenes from the books to make them shitty and bland? Why did we need two scenes telling us that the sardaukar would be joining the harkonnen in the attack on the Atreides only to ruin the plot point from the book by having the sardaukar dressed in their normal uniforms? Such a terrible movie it makes the previous adaptions seem excellent in comparison even with their problems.

>There is inter-planetary travel you dumb fuck. Arrakis has off-worlders come to it all the time in the form of smugglers etc
Can't actually argue against that
Don't want nogs in it, Kynes wasn't a nog, but it's not impossible to have a nigger show up and het assimilated
Still forced
>Also it's a fucking movie from a made up story
Lol
>it's fiction so anything can happen

Paul takes his wife so I'm assuming they wanted interracial stuff going on in the next movie.

>Theyv been desert tribes for like a thousand years
Jews have lived in Europe for a thousand years but you can still tell Jews and Europeans apart

Interplanetary travel dosent imply isolated desert tribes have 5 different races mixed in, i mean north africa has international travel but berbers still look like berbers, afganistan has been under foreign occupation for generations most people still look afgani, i mean bosnia isnt dotted by random black people just because the umprofor came trough, even the midleeastern refugees just stick to themselves, that guy looks straight out nigerian, not mixed at all, even if we go by your logic, implying random smuglers and traders have kids with fremen women and the fremen are ok with this somehow, implying that literaly happens, then those kids should look mixed right?

Holy fuck. That movie was boring, worse than Satantango