3000 years between Isildur getting the One Ring and it being destroyed

>3000 years between Isildur getting the One Ring and it being destroyed
>Technology has literally not advanced whatsoever
Why are people in Middle Earth so stupid?

Attached: download.png (1024x422, 336.02K)

they had magic
if it isnt broke dont fix it

Gnomes had steam engines and shit

Small populations plus constant wars

>2500+ years between the building of the pyramids of Giza and the birth of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ
>technology has not advanced whatsoever
Who writes this shit, games workshop?

Except it did advance, tremendously even.

In Lord of the Rings they have postal service, mothballs, buttons, umbrellas, and clocks. They clearly have a somewhat decent grasp on technology. Egyptians building a giant rock with a face carved into it isn't exactly an impressive technological feat.

because tolkien hated industry. He was right. Look how technology has made us loony

Because there was no diversity to drive innovation, but you probably wanted a fake meme answer so magic!

They understood that the industrial revolution and its consequences would have been a disaster for all middle earth races.

Oh really?
Aside from the bronze age ending and iron becoming more prevalent, what are the great technological innovations of this time?
A handful of architectural innovations, some slow and feeble progress in forging, and pretty much nothing else.
Technology didn't really advance as a whole, rather crude barbaric regions became civilised and developed their own variants of shit that already existed somewhere else. Nothing was discovered that could influence political or economic organization or even change anybody's life on any meaningful scale.

If those are not engineering marvels then whites literally have nothing

>architecturelet doesn't understand why pyramids are awesome or why mobilizing hundreds of thousands of slaves to build gigantic shit is cool as fuck
ngmi

>le big triangle from 5000 years ago is mine
lmao
Fucking niggers I swear to me mom

Gobelkli tepi is pretty cool fr fr no cap

The numenoreans had advanced technology or should I say 'craft'. However the fall of numenor sent the world of men into a dark age, the last vestages of the greatness of Numenor were gradually lost to time and Gondor and Arnor were kept under existential threat by the Witch King and the Easterlings so they were constantly on the back foot ending in the disintegration of Arnor. The third age still lived under the shadow of Sauron and the peoples who lived there were either fleeing middle earth, weakened by war and internal strife or hid away in the mountains. After end of the war of the ring and the fourth age began I imagine advancement of technology massively picked up leading to our modern earth eventually.

Conan the barbarian shit fr fr

>materialistic progress
I am no fan of anglos or pope worshippers, but tolkien is okay in my book

Attached: 1621687686475.jpg (640x916, 152.82K)

Every time Sauron almost drags ME into the industrial age Ilu goes and breaks the world again.
Also fuck Elves

We have Any Forums now

In the Greco-Roman world many advances were made especially in science and engineering. Look at the antikithera mechanism for example, the greeks and romans had automatons, watermills, cranes, lighthouses, catapults, archimedes screw, concrete, ancient napalm. Theories of evolution, of a spherical earth, of atomic science, and in general a naturalistic understanding of the forces of nature

No, they didn't have automatons, no, some Greek philosopher postulating there must something indivisible isn't atomic science, no, crude oil used to make Greek fire isn't napalm, no, the Romans and Greeks didn't inner cranes nor mills, and no, buzzfeed isn't a reliable source

Just got done reading clark ashton stories and its very similar feel

>inner
invent*