America buys foreign IP

>America buys foreign IP
>Ruins it
why are americans like this?

Attached: Dragon_Ball_Evolucion.jpg (480x634, 118.95K)

Has there ever been a case of Americans making a movie based off a foreign IP, and succeeding it? I can only think of Alita.

It happens all the time, Godzilla being the obvious one.

Power Rangers

the Silent Hill movie was good
bait

I NEEEEEED TO KNOW NOW

True lies
Godzilla
Count of Monte Christo
The time machine
The invisible man/hollow Man
King Solomons Mines
Robin Hood
War of the worlds

>These examples
user...are you, perhaps, old?

Hate to break it to you weebs, but this live action Dragonball is far more watchable and enjoyable than the anime. The anime is literally just watching static drawings talk to eachother for ten episodes, then when some action finally happens, 80% of it is them just screaming while they conjure up some lame ass energy ball or something

So just like the movie?

>grandpa gohan why can't i pick up girls in school fr fr no cap
great script faggot

None of these are that old except I guess true lies

> Has there ever been a case of Americans making a movie based off a foreign IP, and succeeding it?
??? Are you just thinking anime or something user? Cuz there’s a ton of shit like The Departed, 12 Monkeys, A Fistful of Dollars, Vanilla Sky, etc.

Yeah, forgot to specify anime and games.

Name one good live adaption

Alita.

I'm gonna assume they meant Legendary Godzilla, not the shitty one from 98

That one is sometimes considered completely disinherited from legal point of view.

Revenge for Pearl Harbor never forget.

Most of them are shit. Off the top of my head these are the only remotely good ones.
>The first Silent Hill film was decently good.
>Wachowskis’ Speed Racer. On first watch I hated it, it’s a weirdly shot ADHD movie, but the final lap always gets me
That’s pretty much it. Wanting live action anime doesn’t really make sense. It’s good because it’s animated, that’s the whole point of the medium. People didn’t like Akira for its plot, it was praised for its animation and music. People don’t play vidya solely for the plot, it’s to engage in a game. Watching a movie isn’t engaging in a game. It’s different mediums, that’s why it almost always never pans out.

The difference is that while Toho got from American Godzilla in 2014 what it didn't in 1998 they still have control over what Americans do with the IP and they have to pay for each monster separately. It's weird that Hollywood is so eager to work with them. And I'm surprised why same thing doesn't happen for anime IPs. Their rights holders don't care or can't negotiate any creative control.

Attached: EMJlXe4VAAAQmLO.jpg (2732x2048, 1.64M)