Bros...when are we getting a fun, sincere Superman movie? Is it so hard to do?

Bros...when are we getting a fun, sincere Superman movie? Is it so hard to do?

Attached: 1640290821503.jpg (1296x1967, 236.96K)

Fun and sincerity are extremely difficult for modern Hollywood. So not for a while.

They have successfully destroyed white superman so now they will do this with black superman to ensure total subversion.

>Is it so hard to do?
Yeah.
Superman stories are hard to do properly because it's hard to get the stakes right. There are three options:
1. Superman fights something stronger than himself
2. Superman fights someone weaker than himself but has to win with reason not violence because he's not a bully.
3. Superman wins easily until enemy pulls out kryptonite then he wins anyway.

Option three is gay as fuck. Options 1 and 2 require more than "fun and sincere" to make them work.

It's a sad state of affairs when the definitive version was put on screen nearly 45 years ago and nobody has managed to match it since.

Attached: Superman-1978.jpg (1920x1440, 1.02M)

Soon bro, don’t worry.

Attached: 05D92790-591F-4501-9BC9-D2AE1B0C80F9.jpg (960x641, 120.21K)

it's not that surprising as there were two attempts, one by a hack pedo and the other by a hack retard with execs supervillains breathing down his neck

>what is shazam

We already had fun sincere SUperman movies with super hot gay star Henry Cavill. We don't need more Superman stuff.

Attached: pp,504x498-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.jpg (1223x1368, 210.75K)

the cartoons get it right almost 100% of the time, then when real actors get involved it almost always turns terrible, it's not just cartoons being cartoons as the story is written as a real story and the voice actors are often on point, IRL hollywood seems clueless,
latest Superman movie I watched was Injustice and Superman vs the Elite no real actor movie comes close to the animated movies just based on story alone

Now there is no super man at all in the DCEU it’s over DC bros unironically

Warners is sitting on a bunch of a characters and/or stories that could be very successful if done right but they're not doing anything with it.

Attached: 1644385286380.png (1057x805, 2M)

>But muh relatability, there's no tension if he's invulnerable, he needs to feel human
Fuck that! I want to watch some otherworldly, imaginative story of an immortal god alien's adventures. I don't fucking need him to stay grounded on this planet so I can "relate" to his struggles. That always pissed me off about Green Lantern, he has jurisdiction over the entirety of Sector 2814 of the universe, and yet everything conveniently happens around Earth. I want more weird space shit!

>Animal Man movie
fucking KINO

I want to see Lobo

Oh, they're doing something with Sandman ... a Netfllix show where they've cast a black chick as Death.

There's a lot of good arcs they could adapt and he seems pretty topical right now too.
But WB is pretty scared to venture out of their comfort zone to make movies about lesser known characters.
Black Adam is an exception to this, but it's largely due to the Rock being attached more than anything else.

They tried Hellblazer twice on both the big and small screen, they fucked it up both times. Warner is a typical money-laundering company that doesn't understand the IPs in it's possession and just wants to milk them dry.

I want a Power Girl & Wild Cat buddy cop movie.

I think you could make a great Animal Man TV series. It'd be interesting to see how they adapt all the meta stuff and fourth wall breaks into it being a show instead of a comic