Now that the settled has dusted

now that the settled has dusted...

Attached: readplayerone.jpg (1232x1500, 328.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J9Jbz4c_WKA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it was shit, as expected to be

Personally I prefer Gesualdo's chromaticism to Wagner's.

Why didn't they include the part where the lead gets all hair removed from his body so he can use his slimy new VR suit?

why was it so popular? marketing push? I don't know anyone who saw it in theatres

Attached: readpl.png (1265x152, 20.3K)

>story is clearly against living in the game world and how the architect made a huge mistake in being such an autist retreating into his childhood pop shit instead of challenging himself and making human connections in life
>readers embrace the pop culture references and want to live in the game world instead
>author does a 180 and goes full pop culture trivia too
>movie makes it even more pop cultury with everyone watching it just to spot the references, even turning the autistic "play the autist's favourite game perfectly" part to "just cheat in this driving game"

Genuinely the most confused I've become from the disconnect of a story and its fans. I miss the movie poster memes, though. It was a fun meme while it lasted.

Attached: Are You Fucking Nuts.jpg (150x161, 26.27K)

It’s a Spielberg movie, so it’s well made. It’s a very well made spectacle. That said, I wasn’t the target audience. I’m not into “nerd culture”, I’m not into comics or vintage gaming. There were grown ass men in their 30s and 40s just bubbling in their seats, squeaking at every pop culture reference (and the entire movie is heavy with references), and all I could think was, “I’m at the wrong movie.”

There was chatter of the oncoming metaverse years before this movie came out in 2017, and I always thought that the film’s “Oasis” would represent the metaverse to come. We’re seeing young people throw their lives away, in finances and in personal time, just to feed their attention to electronic stimulation, it’s spooky shit really

The book was infinitely worse

It was woah member that but that

I remember two things from this movie

Attached: 1535424325582.webm (1280x532, 2.93M)

The book was so much better

Why does Any Forums have to hate everything fun

It wasn't fun, it was autism.

Attached: Ready Amistad One.jpg (800x1200, 696.11K)

Hate to be "that guy" agreeing with "that guy" but this is completely true. The book was a love letter to 80s geekdom. The movie was made for teenage gamergurls.
youtube.com/watch?v=J9Jbz4c_WKA

What the fuck happened to Spielberg? The last movie of his I can remember even being remotely good was Catch Me if you Can..

lies

Attached: 1521405432511.jpg (1252x1666, 503.15K)

>Second Life the movie

Reddit: the movie
No, the book isn’t any better

>And, of course, Kevin Smith
I thought it was all about 80s nostalgia, why the fuck would he bother with Kevin Smith?

Wizards are cool. Should of been more. More elves too. Also should have had more sex scenes. Unique weapon designes that weren't stale would be better for the movie I would assume. Should have had more scenes of food. Also I'm pretty sure if there are certain characters that would of made the movie more entertaining along with more and longer movies.....

The book was better because as I skipped over this list I took it as an obvious plot point that it wasn't supposed to be a good thing that this dude was obsessing over these things, with the ultimate message of the story being that it was a bad idea to be living in the past or online, instead of meeting real people and making a difference to the future of the world. Encapsulated in the Oasis-people not bothering to vote for real-world politics, instead only bothering to vote for the kid from Star Trek to be "Internet President" because the real world sucks, not realising that it sucks precisely because they care more about their stupid meme president than the real thing.

It's impossible to make that mistake watching the movie because they changed enough stuff to make it clear that they really do intend the epic pop culture references and living in a videogame with NFT belongings to be good.

>I thought it was all about 80s nostalgia
No, its "lists of things the author likes" which happens to be mostly things from when he was a kid. Its the worst kind of fanfiction and it somehow got actually published.
>, with the ultimate message of the story being that it was a bad idea to be living in the past or online
That's a message you made up yourself because its not in the book.