Why did people buy DVD or VHS movies and had big collections? Was it a waste of money...

Why did people buy DVD or VHS movies and had big collections? Was it a waste of money? What’s the point of buying it if you weren’t going to watch the movie much after seeing it once or twice?

Attached: 159863278 .jpg (437x702, 89.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/heUoHPd-_N0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What’s the point of buying it if you weren’t going to watch the movie much after seeing it once or twice?
Because you planned on collecting them or seeing them more than once.

I but stuff to impress people. I've bought thousand of dvds for pennies on second hand. stuff like they produced ton of. shit like runaway bride, bad boys 2, showgirls, master and commander, the tuxedo, bruce almighty and old universal classics, 50-film-in-1. you know. Never watched em. But my pals think I'm a big film buff. they always ask me whats the new hype. at first I recommended kino like scotty pilgrim, juno, avatar and that stuff, because that is what I liked when I watched movies. now I'm lazy so I just tell em to download a cam-version the latest marvel-movie or snyder-flick, and the fuckers alway do it. I've slept with three goth chicks thanks 2 my collection

>buy and watch 100 films
>finish watching them
>now you have 100 films you know you like to rewatch on cosy nights
it could be worse user

i bought movies so i can watch those multiple times. older movies you could just record on vhs tapes from tv

I like rewatching same films over and over if I watch films

Jesus, does the zoomer generation not realize how movies worked before streaming services???

nice to have. to physically hold it. also i've managed to get some of my dvds (not the case, but disk) signed by some of the actors (those that come to conventions).

Does it matter if it's in the case or disc?

Are you retarded?

Yes we bought disks out of the bargain bin every week and then dropped them when something better cam along

Physically hold what? Just touch your hard drive if you are going to be a faggot

If you ever feel dumb, just know there are zoomers RIGHT NOW bragging about their VHS collections and how they devote whole rooms for movies their never watch

Attached: file.png (748x1198, 572.27K)

No all they know is streaming. And they're pretty complacent about not owning anything.

when you’re not pc master race pimped out rig gangsta, it’s nice watching uncompressed footage jitter free

Don't worry mustard race. You won't be able to pirate anything when Microsoft releases it's """""security""""" chip.
youtu.be/heUoHPd-_N0

DVD extras. Sometimes actors come back to do comments five, ten years later and drop 'tidbits'.

This shit is hella cringe.

you have no idea how little there was to do without the internet, you would gladly pay 20$ to be entertained for a couple hours

Yeah not sure what this zoomer thinks the other options were. You had rental stores but that was really try before you buy in the 90s/00s. If you had a movie on vhs/dvd back then you probably watched it 10+ times. Plus by that time you could get vhs/dvds if they weren't new for pretty cheap still

I think people bought them just to look at the art on the box idk I don't think anyone watched them due to poor image quality

>I don't think anyone watched them due to poor image quality

Attached: shrak.gif (376x362, 74.53K)