Mad Max: Fury Road

Watched Mad Max Fury Road last night, mainly because it had over 90% on both rotten tomatoes and meta critic, I figured it had to be at least a decent movie. Wrong! It sucked massive cock. Sure the special effects were cool but that was really about it. The story fucking sucked, there was minimal dialogue. There was practically no world building.

The Immortan Joe dude ruled the oasis area but nothing was explained. I guess there was something to do with blood and that's why they kidnapped Max but didn't kill him? The whole blood aspect of things was never explained. He had a harem of bitches? Okay cool I guess...they were milking them like literal cows? Would've been cool to have even a 3 minute narration of what the fuck all this shit was.

And then where the fuck do they get fuel? Their world has been basically destroyed by something, but they have enough oil and gas to make fuel and tires for vintage automobiles? Does it take place in an alternate universe where the world ended in the 1980s? There are no abandoned/old cars from post 1980. The whole movie just seemed extremely unrealistic to me and I couldn't enjoy it as a result. Who actually likes that shit? pic unrelated

Attached: 1997_Toyota_Century_01.jpg (1700x700, 474.88K)

fag

Who cares, Rams win the owl my dude

Attached: 1644805240285.gif (600x420, 58.01K)

Rams are a faggot team that was so shitty they got kicked out of St. Louis. Imagine being so fucking awful that not even St. Louis wants you. That's like being so disabled that the FCC bars you from watching the special olympics

like was all that shit explained in the original mel gibson mad max movies? I just felt like I was watching the wet dream of someone who got buttfucked by techbros at Silicon Valley while high on drugs

Cope Bengal cuck

Attached: 1644806967058.png (547x639, 247.88K)

>There was practically no world building.
Cool, thanks for making it clear that you're a retard. Fury Road does not have a plot (drive from point A to point B then back to point A while people shoot at you is not a plot) and its characters are paper-thin, but that movie is a fucking masterclass in world building. That movie approaches Star Wars (1977) for world building.

It manages to establish an entire religion without ever actually mentioning the religion directly, just through character actions, repeated dialog and imagery. It's show not tell worldbuilding at its best.

Basically what I'm saying is fuck off until you have a vague clue what you're talking about, brainlet.

>It's show not tell worldbuilding at its best.

so what you're saying is the writers were lazy, got it

No, that's the opposite of what I'm saying.

then you are a faggot

Plotfags get the rope

do you seriously need verbal exposition for everything you see? listen to an audiobook if you can't work out film

The most disappointing thin was the lack of Japanese shitboxes. Australia is 50% Japanese shitbox.

>do you seriously need verbal exposition for everything you see?

if it isn't explained otherwise then yeah I fuckin do. I don't watch movies just to see cool colors and explosions, I watch movies to become immersed in a story. Star Wars would not have been as good without the title screen at the beginning giving some backstory and context

>if it isn't explained otherwise then yeah I fuckin do.
I blame anime and women having children past 30

checked

rekt

This guy is the audience for "X MOVIE ENDING EXPLAINED" vids

good post, but it does have a plot. A simple plot, but your summary is an oversimplication. And the masterful worldbuilding lets us imagine these characters' outside of the plot

Addendum:
I should say, I think you were implicitly saying that the extensive worldbuilding makes the simple plot work. Perhaps I need not have posted

It’s a good movie spoiled by the dearly feminist rhetoric. Though on reflection it makes sense with the world building.

Fury Road does *technically* have a plot, it's just an absurdly simple one with a plot twist that is very easy to make fun of.

It works fine for the movie because the worldbuilding is engaging and keeps you interested -- like you spend a good chunk of the movie just putting together who the fuck the War Boys even are and that keeps you engaged. But even more importantly, the action is fucking superb.

And why shouldn't it be? Fury Road is the final chase sequence from Road Warrior with all the advantages of 35 years of experience Miller mastering his craft and modern computer editing and processing. It's an absolute masterpiece. Nobody will ever make a post-apocalyptic chase movie better than Fury Road.

>no worldbuilding
awful bait mate

Agreed. Best action I've ever seen. Not only in its visual splendor, but also the situational complexity of it, and how there aren't any "this happens because it's a movie" moments where a character lets their opponent get the upper hand on them for no reason—the struggles are very well choreographed.