He buys physical media

>he buys physical media
how much money have you wasted over the years, on media that degrades and becomes obsolete?

Attached: 83666284.png (1925x1076, 1.8M)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/"nip"/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>on media that degrades and becomes obsolete?
>citation needed

Attached: 1297087841375.jpg (255x252, 10.7K)

I just tried to watch one piece on this piece of fucking garbage and it only loaded episode 68 and I have to manually rename every single episode for it's autistic naming convention and there's no way to set auto default subtitles for it either. The only way to set up default subs is to do it universally for everything you have on plex. This thing is barely functional and I'm about to put my remote through my fucking TV and just use my computer.

imagine being this naive

Attached: Screenshot_20220212-203245_Brave - Beta.png (1080x1087, 234.59K)

>it says so on Wikipedia so it must be a universal problem!

Fucking retard. If disc rot is a thing then how the fuck do I have DVDs nearly 20yrs old and still functioning like they just came out of the printing press? Kill yourself

Also;
>he doesn't have a physical collection and rip those discs to his Plex

Attached: 1554222258570.png (222x222, 75.61K)

Download Filebot. It will rename everything for you.

It's getting harder to find old movies. I have a couple of stalled torrents right now. One you can't find anywhere else except as a 1.5 gb encode and the other is only available on private torrents where I'll never unfuck my ratio

i agree it takes some degree of autism to be successful with plex and tv shows

I’ll stick with my 20 laserdisc box sets

This. Sorry you're too plebian to use Plex fag.

I've gone so far as to building a server to house all my digital media and backups. 34tb of kino.
preferred subtitles are an option brainlet. imagine being so retarded you can't use a mass renamer or auto meta data detection.

Attached: 8477163_73663.png (1080x1233, 2.01M)

>preferred subtitles are an option brainlet
yeah for the entirety of plex. I don't only use it to watch nip cartoons retard

I hate everything
I bought into 4k
bought a 4k tv
bought a ps5
sound system
find out the ps5 doesn't do dolby vision, wtf sony
Now I sit and watch the pimples on actors faces in dull hdr10

everything not brand new is shit
>low quality rips
>no seeders
Streeming has stripped the trackers of the pure userbase needed to keep low engagement torrents active. Not enough people are forgetting random stuff in their download folder, never moving it or deleting it.

Make private trackers more accessible then

this is why i keep all my criterion kino sealed

I've got 5 dead hard drives upstairs and there were at least 2 more I had before that that I've thrown away, but none of my laserdiscs, CDs, DVDs or blu rays has ever stopped working. Stop trying to cope and just admit you're a poorfag.

stop being a bitch. I downloaded the entirety of the mary tyler moore show from TPB. Took 3 days but I got it

>nip cartoons
I'm disgusted at how much of a try-hard faggot you are

Attached: 1629417763104.jpg (1024x576, 93.92K)

>what is error correction

what did he mean by this?

Attached: gab chan.png (703x830, 550.62K)

Calling anime "nip cartoons". Nip is a pre-boomer racial slur used towards Japanese. Absolutely nobody, no matter how racist they are use "nip" anymore.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/"nip"/

>not knowing how to use zfs raid
>not buying used 30 dollar 4tb enterprise hard drives to reliably house data.

Lurk moar

Attached: BE99C2E3-B00D-4DFE-AE4F-8717D103FE03.png (581x443, 127.92K)

Gorgeous setup. Got any good guides? Hardware or software

Raid doesn't stop you wasting money on hard drives when they inevitably fail

i had the same problem. organize your files accordimg to the dvd order on TVDB and you'll be good

newfag

no but it provides redundancy and you can replace failing drives with cheap drives assuming you're not buying consumer drives. enterprise drives run millions of hours before failure and are cheap on eBay.

Exactly $18 dollars for 1 CD in a jewel case at an airport, in 2009, which I later uploaded to a torrent site.

>Plex
>Doesn't have the feature set that iTunes had 20 years ago
>Freaks the fuck out over subtitles and compatible audio streams
>Decides to push streaming channels and content discovery on their users instead of fixing core features
>Next up: gaming
Yeah. Plex is great. It doesn't look at all like they're under immense pressure to distance themselves from piracy.

Attached: 1643157230630.jpg (770x1069, 318.41K)

I have literally never spent money on a movie.

No bc I seed till I bleed on my private trackers.

i still have dvds from 2001 and they still work. disc rot is a myth(unless they are shitty cds from the mid 90s)

Attached: sihyeon dog pees.webm (1280x720, 2.53M)

Do you have any offsite backup plan/setup ?