The Wire made for good television, but 20 years later, I find it's many of its messages hollow and kind of proven wrong

The Wire made for good television, but 20 years later, I find it's many of its messages hollow and kind of proven wrong.

Attached: tileburnedin.jpg (1280x720, 95.25K)

>proven wrong
Unfathomably filtered

The real trifecta of kinography
Sopranos
Deadwood
Twin Peaks

not even the trifecta of HBO
you can disagree with my opinions, but how am i filtered?

Camaraderie is all we have at the end of the day.

are you saying that that is The Wire's message?

I am not saying that there is a message, just passed wisdom, of which there is plenty in this series.

What messages?
BTW fun fact: Snoop and Kima are locked up for the drug trade
>cant escape the game thee message

Attached: 74576547.jpg (2487x1014, 404.23K)

I thought the utopian shanty drug towns were retarded 20 years ago. They're even more demonstrably brain rot right now.

Chain of command. What would be a better line of action from Colvin?

>Camaraderie is all we have at the end of the day.

Attached: 57i578.jpg (1000x600, 225.79K)

>What messages?
That tough-on-crime policing does more harm than good.
That the drug war is noble cause, but we need to change our approach.
That all of public school's problems are sourced at bureaucrats and lack of funding.
That civil servants in general are the backbone of society.
That the decline of unions will be ruin the economy.
That the decline of print media will be the decline of everything.

>chain of command
Ironic because it was never his job to legislate from the street.
But besides that technicality what he thought his filth camps would accomplish was delusional and the show was delusional for showing them working.

>not mentioning Bunk, Lester, McNulty, Prez.
Doing honest work (for once) and getting it done, invaluable.

IIRC, it was basically Baghdad inside the drug zone but outside of that the show claims it tanked crime, but since then with IRL zones that basically conform to Bunny's approach it instead rises crime in the cities as a whole?

The whole police department was basically tied down since the money from the drug trade corrupted all institutions, meaning that Colvin did the only thing he could do - surgery. Separating the despair to one zone - which probably got even worse inside - let the law abiding citizens have a chance at a proper life as well. What would be a better action?

I think we all grasped that but I think what the guy is getting at is that since then places like that have popped up that conform to Bunny's vision that don't work out quite the way it's portrayed as doing in the show

>That tough-on-crime policing does more harm than good.
Where is this message? Never series send the message that going hard on these niggas was bad in any way

>That the drug war is noble cause, but we need to change our approach.
There is some sort of this message. On the other hand every seasons ends the same
>no matter what do we try its back to usual business
i think this message is most loudest of teh series

>That all of public school's problems are sourced at bureaucrats and lack of funding.
Yeah it tries on the surface such message (author is deluded lib). But on the other hand beauty of wire that wire is very quality product they try stick to realty as much as possible (not liek morder libs who just construct full politcorrect fantasy) and with this realty another message is going through:
>nignogs are just gonna nig

>That civil servants in general are the backbone of society.
They are.

>That the decline of unions will be ruin the economy.
I dont see this message. i only see message of decay of the port community without goods and cash flow. Its just sad story of the tree drying when its roots are chopped off.

>That the decline of print media will be the decline of everything.
Not everything. But sure we will never get another TV series like that. True journalists are dead with true papers and magazines. There are no institutions that can upbring second David Simon with hsi decades of knowledge. Tiktok culture is superficial.

Attached: 745674567.jpg (1086x610, 195.53K)

>I dont like how the show inadvertently exposed how stupid and evil niggers are

Sorry bud. Get over it.

But this is implying that Bunny thought that it should be a long term solution? Even Bunny thought it turned to shit almost instantly.

Appeasement doesn't work. Cancer doesn't stop growing. You aren't sparing anyone with these "safe" zones. You're doing the exact opposite of surgery. You're asking for metastasis.
>what should he have done
Going into speculative policy is too Any Forums for me. I'm merely pointing out what he did was patently wrong and history has only born that out more and more as cities adopted it.

Whaaa? You guys are talking about the wire? What a surprise. How many hours since the last thread? Maybe someone will be really surprising and talk about the sopranos

As opposed to discussing what, the new Reacher show? BoBF?

My point is that Bunny was desperate for trying anything, not giving a rats ass as he was retiring. He also saw that it didn’t work in the short term. But what really could be done when the upstanding regular citizens are living in a war zone, while the politicians gain from the war, feeding it?