I'm binging the entire Night Court series and the first season is trash. When does it start to get good?

I'm binging the entire Night Court series and the first season is trash. When does it start to get good?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 71.84K)

I honestly just wanted Mr Plinkett to finally watch his Night Court tape

pretty sure that tape got destroyed a long time ago

>When does it start to get good?
Markie Post (RIP), Season 3

Attached: 1644486421209.jpg (567x850, 85.53K)

The cast isn't solidified until Season 4 with Roz so you've got awhile until it settles into a groove.

Is it a cozy show to watch at night though?

The setting of the show is very comfy but at least in the early episodes the dialogue and jokes are kind of cringe. A few episodes a hard to watch

i abused myself so hard to her. nearly ripped my dick right off

it gets comfy when john astin starts appearing
>i'm funny that way...

It improves in Season 2, but it doesn't become the show of legend until Season 3 when Markie Post joins the cast as Christine Sullivan. Christine and Harry have great chemistry. It's also the season that John Larroquette finally figures out Dan and he goes full sleezebag with him.

While Roz is definitely the best of the female bailiffs, I really do love Selma. The tiny chain-smoking grandmother who has seen and done everything twice and is too jaded for your nonsense is a great character and plays well off Bull's naive innocence.

It hits its peak stride after the second old woman bailiff dies and you get Roz, the black woman bailiff.

But I'm feeling MUCH better now.

when do they introduce the werewolf lawyer?

Attached: 1644710727207.jpg (624x352, 34.43K)

Why would you want to watch this unfunny boomer trash in 2022?

>Markie Post (RIP)
Holy shit, I had no idea.

She got a sticky but of course it only lasted a day.

Attached: 1642143656368.jpg (1159x1600, 206.57K)

>Harry died in 2018
>Markie Post last August
>Mac last July
Thankfully, Richard Moll and John Larroquette both alive and still working.

Well, for one thing, Mac and Roz were both fantastic characters with good backstories and real narrative arcs. Hell, Dan and Roz's friendship is one of my favorite things from television, period.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x374, 1.17M)

God, that's a comfy rewatch. There was always something about the intro that just made me feel good. That particular type of jazz music mixed with the night scenes in the city was just perfect.

Seasons 3&4 are where it peaks. It goes downhill and never recovers after that (dumb storylines, too schmaltzy, etc).

>1988 or 1989
>usc cinema/tv school
>18 year old dipshit
>harry anderson on campus for some kind of absent minded professor movie
>am stunned, shocked
>am huge fan to the point where i wished he was my dad
>have dressed in his big vintage ties and hats and similar suspenders for halloween
>own all his artisan handmade illusions: needle-thru-arm, jumbo three card monte, etc.
>find his trailer
>emotions, nerves
>open door a slice, quickly and silently
>throw one of my personal ties on the floor and shut the door
>ran ran ran
>a few years later, see him wearing it on night court

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16.24K)

its a truly uneven show