Nickelodeon died in 2004 when they cancelled the 90s shows (CatDog, Rocket Power, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Wild Thornberrys...

Nickelodeon died in 2004 when they cancelled the 90s shows (CatDog, Rocket Power, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Wild Thornberrys, Old Spongebob) and replaced them with garbage like iCarly, Zoey 101, New SpongeBob, and Back at the Barnyard.

Attached: NickelodeonLogo85-09.png (374x266, 58.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rNKHllN9rrw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 5638f228dd08956a658b4678[1].jpg (1136x852, 98.02K)

yes

True. The only good thing from that period was cosmo and wanda I think.

No, iCarly was pretty great

iCarly existed purely in response to Smosh/Nigahiga’s popularity at the time. Nick has always desperately thought they were in touch with the youth.

kike studio fuck them

That does seem like it was a turning point. Not sure if it was "the" turning point though.

I didn't mind all those Family Channel-type shows, e.g. Ned, Zoey, etc. - but that said, as a huge Spongebob fan the new one was completely lacking in soul and might have been my introduction to that phenomenon. Even though they're very different shows, I'd say the same type of shift occurred when McGruder stopped writing the Boondocks.

neds had so much sovl

>as a huge Spongebob fan the new one was completely lacking in soul
It's because the creator left after the movie. They stopped doing witty jokes and just screamed with brighter colors.

youtube.com/watch?v=rNKHllN9rrw
Was traumatizing four year olds based?

Firmly Grasp It

Yeah the post-silver age has been shit

Attached: NickEras.gif (2571x5762, 3.8M)

All God’s creatures
Fresh off the grill

Attached: 99ED4F17-736E-4ABF-AB20-C503EF80AC23.png (1080x1200, 1.15M)

Who could forget that infamous scene in the SpongeBob movie?

Better version

Attached: 1627201954741.jpg (2571x6343, 3.54M)

yes, a temple for child sacrifice

yeah

I remember looking forward to the new season, and while I forget the contents of the first episode I lost interest in the franchise completely soon afterward. It was the kind of "bad" where you could tell it wasn't just an off episode, but that the whole show had changed.

Zoomers will never feel this cozy

Attached: 140610213413-02-hey-dude.png (480x270, 149.42K)

Most children learn to read at age 6 or 7, so I don't believe any child would be traumatized by something like this. It's just text anyway, by the time they're age 4 they have fully functional memory. They're only fucked if they experience physically dangerous situations during their preverbal years

a zoomer who doesn't understand the differences between pre and post-1996 nick made this

Pre-1996 Nick was much more of a home production, everything was hand-made in Nickelodeon Studios down to the animation. Post-96 they started phasing out the game shows (outside of Figure It Out) and outsourced cartoons to other studios.

seeing kappa mikey in here made me double take

>Nickelodeon died in 2004

You mean the year before they premiered the best cartoon ever?

Attached: 1585351417705.jpg (640x640, 31.59K)

kappa mikey first aired on G4 but later transitioned over to Nicktoons IIRC. I'm not sure if it ever aired on Nickelodeon proper

Oswald was so comfy, and so was Kipper.

kappa mikey doesn't feel real, its like it was planted via time travel by future weebs

Is that you E;R?

96-97 Nick wasn't that different from 95 Nick though. The silver age wasn't noticeable until 98-99 when Snick became Snick house and Dil was put on Rugrats.

Damn, I'm just old enough to remember some of the Early Years

It was an exception to the rule. 05-08 Avatar was keeping Nick on life support, when it died Nick died with it.

Not socially awkward enough to be E;R