Is this another one of those things you hear about once and then it's total silence until the director mentions in...

Is this another one of those things you hear about once and then it's total silence until the director mentions in passing that it was cancelled years ago.

Attached: mgs-oscar-isaac-mockup.jpg (750x461, 30.43K)

Jordan Vogt-Roberts is a HUGE FAGGOT

>HUGE FAGGOT?

Attached: 1644515037496.jpg (1280x720, 124.68K)

>Metal Gear Solid release date: When will the Metal Gear Solid movie be out in cinemas?
>No word yet on a release date and given Isaac's packed schedule, this is a movie for which we're probably going to be waiting a long time.

>When announcing Isaac's casting in December 2020, Deadline noted that there was no start date for filming and that hasn't changed yet. Isaac has been busy recently with Marvel's Moon Knight series (out in 2022), so it's not clear if production will start this year.

WHY DID RETARD VOGT-ROBERTS CAST A BUSY UGLY ARAB ACTOR WHO COULDNT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT MGS WHEN HE COULD HAVE CASTED A LESSER KNOWN LESS BUSY ACTOR AND STARTED FILMING ALREADY? YOU KNOW WHY? HES A FUCKING IDIOT.

i've never wanted for something to not happen any more than this movie.
he says he's a huge fan and wants to honor it and they he casts oscar isaac

Really because of one person? Shame

Attached: b08224f8a24f4c6b5d2aa02b38299e4c.jpeg.jpg (375x500, 48.11K)

I don't get the hype for this, we already had a metal gear solid movie

Attached: mgs4-cover.jpg (1020x1136, 150.31K)

Like it or not studio execs will always have influence over projects. They obviously want a big name actor to pull in the audiences.

Jesus christ I hope this never gets made, gonna be such a disaster

Metal Gear?

based Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots enjoyer

and it was pure kino

The director is also doing a Gundam movie which is very worrying

This happens way too often. Don’t announce a project until cameras are rolling.

>live action NGE
>Metroid adaptation
>Mistborn and Stormlight movies
>Black Company series
>Forgotten Realms series
>Soul Calibur movie
>Hyperion adaptation
>Tom Hardy Splinter Cell

I could go on.

The thing about MGS is that its story is tied to its video game format. Less so maybe for the first game, which I could see turned into a hollywood action movie since it basically took direct inspiration from them.
MGS2 onwards was always about subverting the expectations of the player, especially MGS2 and V, and I distinctly remember Kojima answering to the potential director of the adaptation on what to do with an MGS movie to "betray your audience". What was shown in the artworks seemed to be mostly in line with an MGS1 nostalgic wet dream on the big screen.
I wouldn't mind seeing it, though, if it ends up being made, just to see what could be done. MGS is dead anyways as a video game series, and I'd say let it rest but if it can somehow succeed as a movie franchise then why the hell not. If anything, the fan wankfest that it probably would be might yield some decent mech sequence.

>Halo movie (was supposed to be way different than the show)
>Bioshock
>Mass Effect

Also announcing like dozens of Dark Universe projects before The Mummy’s box office even came in was dumb

Jordan Vogt Roberts is definitely one of the only people I trust to do videogame movies. He seems to genuinely, passionately love the source material.

He talked about doing a Metroid movie once and he said "Oh, I'd probably have very little dialogue- and Samus would be the only character. Nobody would accept this pitch, but that's how I'd do it."

That's the soul of Metroid. There are people that discuss actual game ideas for Metroid that discard this and want to introduce stupid bloat like mystique-destroying heavy character writing and interactions, but he wants to make a movie out of it where it probably wouldn't even work.

Quest for Fire worked with almost no dialogue and is in that adventure movie vein that metroid would be.

Shit

What actress could actually keep people interested for 90 minutes?

Bang! Bang! Bang!
I really miss mgo bros

I'm not sure being a fanboy is an entirely good thing, especially when the person in question is a diamond dozen Hollywood hack who will say yes to anything the suits tell him. Dude has zero clout, whatever he may come up with will get watered down hard

A huge fan ?!

>ARAB
He's Spaniard

>Black Company Series

Thank God. The fucking main point is that the entire story is written from the point of view of whoever is writing the Chronicle. How do you adapt something which hinges on unreliable narration (and it's explicitly stated in the first novel that Croaker omits things on purpose)?