Rings of Power comprised timeline

>[...] Payne and McKay have compressed events into a single point in time. It is their biggest deviation from the text, and they know it’s a big swing. “We talked with the Tolkien estate,” says Payne. “If you are true to the exact letter of the law, you are going to be telling a story in which your human characters are dying off every season because you’re jumping 200 years in time, and then you’re not meeting really big, important canon characters until season four. Look, there might be some fans who want us to do a documentary of Middle-earth, but we’re going to tell one story that unites all these things.”

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/02/amazon-the-rings-of-power-series-first-look

What are your thoughts?

Attached: EJbGmm7Herh8DpwB0jYceRyhSc3YYg2wuniG51kTMWk.jpg (640x360, 34.15K)

HEY DOL

I am 100% certain they don't have the skill to pull off whatever retarded shit they're planning
even the LotR trilogy is not as good as the books, and that was the best adaptation we could have possibly gotten

I dont give a shit about timeline minutiae they clearly intend to just rape it anyway so who gives a shit

Attached: 1644276891558.png (250x250, 63.42K)

Best option imo and will make the TV show work better
also Morf looks great and this is in Lindon apparently

Attached: lord-of-the-rings-009.jpg (960x640, 133.83K)

Will be stupid fanfic that contradicts all of Tolkien’s work

*fanfic approved by his children and grandchildren

>not gonna watch it
>not gonna argue about it
lmao at this flop already

RANGS

Attached: 461FF500-61DC-4D9C-A75E-7501FBB1ADCE.jpg (1125x1144, 1.16M)

lol

Galadriel is supposed to have much higher more pronounced cheekbones and a perfect look to her. This woman does not fit the criteria.

Maybe make the show about elves instead of human characters then?

>approved by his children
Not the only one that matters.

>What are your thoughts?
Niggers ruin everything again

test

So the shill spam doesn't get deleted but the thread discussing the shill spam gets deleted.
Fucking jannies strike again.

Attached: temp.png (220x396, 49.7K)

>*fanfic approved by the harpies currently feasting on the guts of their father's/grandfather's legacy to line their pockets
Christopher was the last and only line of defense against this horse shit.

reminder that is is 9 am on the west coast and 50 LOTR threads with promo images suddenly appeared on the site

Attached: not shilling allegedly.png (757x559, 293.39K)

This

Attached: 1644009185442.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

It's gonna be streamlined vanilla shit, same as every project this big. The best we can hope for is the capeshit type of shit that might still be enjoyable for people who like that sort of thing, though it will still be little more than a succession of well-tested tropes.

does JIDF admire Jeff Bezos?

Presented without comment

Attached: Screenshot_20220210-171723.png (1080x1594, 2.35M)

THE FUCL IS THJS

maybe because it's a very popular and beloved series of books and when new stuff is revealed about the show people want to talk about it?

nope

Why should i give a fuck what Amazons fanfic is doing ? The Movies set the expectations and this doesnt look like the Movies so im not even gonna bother watching.

maybe some of it’s marketing but it’s more the fact that it proves everything people thought about it right
But maybe that’s the point overall

I will not pay Amazon. I will not watch. I will only go into threads to see webms and discussions of this mess. They wanted their diverse and inclusive Middle-earth story and had to create glorified fan fiction, yet they completely ignore the massive part of Middle-earth where darker skinned men reside. They will not be able to help themselves have Legolas tier bullshit for fights.

They're doing it for the guaranteed replies the outrage of niggering up a beloved franchise provides, retard. You think all the Boyega threads when the TFA trailer dropped where shills too?

>Galadriel as your average female action lead
>Black people everywhere for maximum wokeness
>Elrond as some boy-faced wimp
>Maximum interracial love story
>"Single-mother and healer"

It's going to be the absolute opposite of heroic or mythical, or anything LotR stands for, because the people who make it don't care for, or even understand, these qualities at all.

probably, i wasn't here at the time

this is not fun

This specimen is a literal 9/10 in my book, won't watch this garbage though

>theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?329354-Classify-Welsh-actress-Morfydd-Clark-set-to-play-Galadriel-in-new-LOTS-series

Attached: 2190219.jpg (360x450, 18.91K)

Why are normalfags so closed-minded? Why do they refuse to understand anybody who thinks different than them?

Just wanting to be right, I guess. Challenging your own beliefs makes you less certain that you're right. Truly challenging them makes you suspect the whole "being right" thing isn't as clearcut and ready-made at all. And who wants that?

There's some nigger kween latifa in the news promos today. Go woke, go broke. Lotr is dead to me.

Even fucking Peter Jackson with all his butchered movies sent the message of the books straight and clear
These people only want to put black people in the lore where they don't belong and say they were always there
A "single mother" (widow? Divorce is a NO for Tolkien) having a "forbidden love" (what the fuck does that mean) with a literal black elf, how in the fuck does that work?

Oh it shows, user. It shows.