Now the mcu has strong female characters, but back in the day...

Now the mcu has strong female characters, but back in the day, how did young girls feel seeing the only female superhero be used as eye candy and be the weakest of the group?

Attached: natasha-ironman2rev.jpg (860x535, 115.31K)

young girls just didn't watch it, movies were actually targeted at an audience back in ye olde days of 2012, rather than every movie being some action/comedy/romance frankenstein of random shit to appeal to everybody on earth at the same time

I hate you for posting this.

Anything that has women fight and defeat men is automatically shit. No, copes like "b-but superpowers, b-but tech" are not making this trash any better.

>Anything that has women fight and defeat men is automatically shit. No, copes like "b-but superpowers, b-but tech" are not making this trash any better.

Attached: 1589181047571.jpg (926x678, 75.91K)

Post your muscle definition

41% is painless
It brings on many changes
And you can take or leave it if you please.

This. It was understood different genres appealed to different groups.

Post your chin and hairline

Women are weak eye candy for rearing children. They probably felt good knowing their destined a place in society was supported by Hollywood unlike now

Based.

Girls and women don't care. They don't have the same gendered view of the world as men do. A girl can't identify with Iron Man much more than a boy can. They both just see a larger than life genius who wears a robot suit and fights enemies. Doesn't matter if he's a man or a woman.

>Movies for boys and young males
> how did young girls feel seeing the only female superhero be used as eye candy and be the weakest of the group?
Yes.

It's fucking weird watching Natasha in Iron Man 2 and then seeing her after soon as Whedon and the Russos got their hands on her. It's like a completely different character and I don't mean that she developed or anything, I mean that she's a completely different character. Favreau seemed to be the only one who actually "got" the femme fatale aspect of her character that nobody else in the MCU did.

Hawkeye is objectively always seen as the weakest link.
And before black widow we had elektra, before her we had charmed, before that we had buffy before her we had xena before xena we had ripley, before that we had motricia adams and before that joan of arc and before that cleopatra and before that hera.....

So yeah there's never been a time where women didn't have some powerful influental 'rolemodel'. It's always been a mans world but there've always been women that people did look up to...

And all of those were cringe. Except Morticia because she was actually feminine and didn't participate in "muh stronk female fighter" bullshit.

He asked for female rolemodels like the mcu has now so? Touchè isn't it?

It's fucking bizarre man. The entire reason she's called Black Widow is because Black Widow spiders kill the male spiders after having sex with them. She's supposed to be a femme fatale character who seduces men and then kills them as part of her job as an assassin. Movie Black Widow is entirely sexless and is anti horny

Sure, but I just wanted to point out that it's still cringe. Always has been and always will be.

All of those women would be considered sexist stereotypes in the modern lens

Don't care. "Woman beats man" is shit regardless of what trannies think of it.

Post your bicep right now, let's see how strong you are as a man

I'm not providing material for your last fap before (((doctors))) cut off your dick, troon.

Yeah, Iron Man 2 for all its flaws actually nailed this perfectly. The sexlessness of her character in other films especially bothers me, since it's kind of an important part of her overall personality, along with her being aloof and distant when she's not playing a part. You know, like an actual female assassin/spy.

Then Whedon came along, stripped that away and turned her into a generic quipster machine. And the Russos' doubled down on it.

Hows it feel imaging everyone you talk to online is tranny? Must feel pretty miserable

Women beating men is perfectly fine in the superhero genre because it connects to comic books beloved by X’rs and also many boomers. It’s fine to have Wonder Woman wreck a male character because she’s essentially a goddess. The same trope expectation is passed on to street-level female heroes like Batwoman and Black Widow. That’s why in those films we easily forgive women destroying men. The strong women thing was for sexually stimulating nerds and boys in general, and that’s implied heavily to be those characters’ main function in those stories. So no guy growing up on these tropes had the slightest issue with seeing women beat up men.