Why did Vader kill Admiral Ozzel in ESB

I have seen the classic trilogy more times than I can count. I just thought maybe somebody could answer this for me.

General Veers says that they have detected an energy field protecting the 6th planet of the Hoth system and that it can deflect any bombardment. Vader retorts that Admiral Ozzel came out of hyperspace too close to the system. In a vain attempt to cover for the admiral, Veers says, "uh, he felt surprise was wiser..."
Vader cuts him off with "He's as clumsy as he is stupid," implying that Ozzel should have come out of hyperspace earlier and used sublight engines to approach the planets.

So, wouldn't the Rebellion's sensors have picked up this huge fleet of SDs "creeping" at sublight anyway? It seems to me that Ozzel's plan is viable. Come in as close as you can to the planet and allow the Rebels the least amount of time to prepare for an assault. Although you are certain to be noticed, it seems better than coming in farther out and giving the Rebels tons of time to prepare. Is this just Lucas' way to kill Ozzel (and show Vader's brutality) or can somebody give me a viable reason for Vader's reaction?

I suppose I am also overanalyzing the situation as well....

Attached: ozzel_croaks.jpg (736x368, 192.88K)

>Why did Vader kill Admiral Ozzel in ESB
because he's clumsy as he is stupid

>So, wouldn't the Rebellion's sensors have picked up this huge fleet of SDs "creeping" at sublight anyway?
Well this is the question at hand. Anakin seems to think the detection was caused by the hyperspace jump and we have no reason to assume he's wrong

Anakin can be pretty petty.

Captain Needa did nothing wrong

Attached: 1.jpg (1000x500, 58.7K)

Anakin is subconsciously rebelling against and sabotaging the Empire by killing off it's promising officers for trivial reasons.

Why didn't they just exit hyperspace INSIDE the energy field like Han Solo did?

That's why his apology was accepted

Only things I can think of is that they either had a method of sending troops to the planet undetected or that Vader would have kept the ships at a distance and formed a battle plan/surrounded the rebels before he made a move.
>Lucas' way to kill Ozzel (and show Vader's brutality)
This is the actual reason though.

They came out of hyperspace too close to the system which alerted the rebels. They then had to initiate the attack from farther away which took time, that time allowed rebels to escape.

Honestly this explained in the movie which was designed for children so you have to be pretty mentally incapable to not understand it just by watching.

When Vader contacts Ozzel and Piett on the viewscreen after the fleet drops out of hyperspace at Hoth, the lower bands of the officers' rank insignia are erroneously colored dark red rather than blue in the initial shot but correctly colored in the subsequent close-up view.

dont call him anakin faggots, anakin was long dead. That's DARTH VADER.

if they came at them from the back of the planet the binoculars dudes wouldn't have seen them

I hope someone got force-choked for this blunder.

Apparently the rebels could detect ships about to get out ofhyperspace wich gave them time to pull up the planetary shield.
I guess if they had appeared far away they could ve got out undetected and the attack faster or shoot the laser beams to the shield without them having it activated.
They never explain why they shield isnt always on, I guess it takes too much energy or that having a remote planet with a planetary shieldactivated is a giveaway for rebels

Timothy Zahn claims that it's because the shield blocks all physical and electromagnetic contact, meaning that the people under the shield are completely cut off from the rest of the galaxy

I think Vader was angry and needed to choke a bitch to feel better. Ozzel being right or wrong is irrevelant to the situation

Attached: 1607285801787.jpg (553x827, 39.01K)

Vader wanted them to stop just outside the Rebels' sensor range and form a plan. Ozzel fucked up and the Rebels activated their planetary shield.

as in radio transmissions?

They don't spend a lot of time going over the technicalities of how their universe's technology works, and that's perfectly fine. We just have to assume that's how it works. For whatever reason, someone exiting a jump allows them to be detected rather than creeping up on them slowly.

Did you fight in the clone wars?

Let's not forget that Ozzel was skeptical of Vader's conclusion that the Rebels were on Hoth, he was already on very thin ice. He was fucked either way

this Vader guy seems like a real jerk