Is this any good? It has 12 oscar nominations (whatever that means in 2022) and only 6...

Is this any good? It has 12 oscar nominations (whatever that means in 2022) and only 6.9 at imdb (whatever that means in 2022)

Attached: images.jpg (729x1080, 91.09K)

its a movie about a closested gay man, played by an openly gay man, written and directed by a woman.

This movie is total and utter garbage, the story drags on and the ending is pure shit as well.

It's okay, looks very good, mildly interesting. Like a 7/10.

it's about gay cowboys? how does it compare to brokeback mountain?

Was the kid really gay though? Whatcha think?

It was good, but utter hatred for the working class is becoming a cliche pretty fast.

It's very boring but it looks pretty so there's that.

>written and directed by a woman.
Damn I wanted to try this but this is a huge red flag

it's pure oscar bait. ticks all the boxes. will be totally forgetable.

I just want my boy Jonny to get his Oscar.

it sucked

I'll tell you one thing, there's no cocksucking dogs in this!

brokeback mountain is actually pretty good, it doesn't compare

One of the most boring movies I've seen. It took me 3 days to finish it.

to be fair this woman made kino before

Attached: 1200.jpg (700x420, 40.19K)

what's the movie?

good movie, good acting, nice scenery, slow pace

It's a really boring movie about a gay cowboy angry his gay cowboy lover died figuring out his sister in laws son wants his bussy bopped. He's a fucking angry dickhead and the movie sucks.

The Piano
OP don't listen to the plebs. This is a slowburn western kino

The Piano
Campion has several good movies. Power of a Dog is pretty weak compared to many of the things she directed before but as I said higher in the thread it's still okay, at least I thought so.

women can make good movies when they're writing about things they know and understand. a woman doesn't understand a closeted gay man, so cumberbatch comes off as an absurd caricature.

The movie is really good technically, the acting is great even but the story is just awful and the pace does not help it at all. Even having hated this movie I'm finna watch these other kinos she made

Kino? You are a heretic

how many dogs are in the movie

Attached: 1636333712191.jpg (576x960, 97.63K)

none. but its so powerful they made a movie

It has a dog

The Piano is probably her best
An Angel at My Table is pretty good too
Portrait of a Lady is an okay period piece. But it seems to be not very well regarded.

It's a metaphorical dog.

No, its a pretty real fucking dog, it's not at all about dogs. Or there power, or about anything when I come to think about it, it's a loose movie about nothing.

Made my wife and her boyfriend watch this, told them I heard it was top kino. They ABSOLUTELY HATED it. Tyrone wouldn't even let me prep him that night he was so mad.

awww snowflake triggered by gay cowboys

it's based on a book though