Just watched this for the first time in 20 years

Am I emotionally stunted for not cringing once during this? I’ve avoided seeing these again for a very long time because of the supposed “worst romance of all time” that I keep hearing about, but Anakin and Portman seemed appropriately awkward for how sheltered and romantically inexperienced they both were. I didn’t even think the performances were particularly poor; maybe exclusively watching pre-1960 movies lately has made me desensitized to melodrama.

And honestly, even in spite of plenty of obvious green screen, it’s still a pretty movie— Lucas was definitely right to wait ~20 years to make the prequels. The city planet has a great atmosphere and Obi-Wan’s B-plot feels like a good pulp noir story but in Star Wars. The only outright bad part of the movie was the CP30 comic relief in the last act. Looking forward to Revenge of the Sith.

Attached: 50473B43-9193-479D-8156-B8CC4AE9778E.jpg (488x741, 58.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7wMiMDBHnJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=LobxXPLKUUo
youtube.com/watch?v=rgDgXkczRQE
youtube.com/watch?v=haIx05vGG_A
youtube.com/watch?v=oIFul_HeFWQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>watching pre-1960 movies lately has made me desensitized to melodrama
Considering that's what Lucas is openly emulating, that's not a fault with your taste. It's just mainstream audiences will attack anything that isn't wrapped in MCU levels of irony

I watched TPM and AotC recently and they are kino, only midwits hate the prequels.

News flash, they were always good. the only one thats subpar is phantoms menace but its basically a fairytale movie. i want to see the 4 hour cut of ep2 and the super extended lucas extroaordinare cut of ep3, i like them a lot. I like the dialogue, i like it all.

>Am I emotionally stunted for not cringing once during this
yes, every anakin padme scene is massive cringe

Attached: 1644323551802.gif (391x512, 3.63M)

>youtube.com/watch?v=7wMiMDBHnJ0
>From the moment I met you all those years ago not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again... I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you... I can't breathe. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating, hoping that that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul... tormenting me. What can I do? I will do anything that you ask. If you are suffering as much as I am, please, tell me.

Attached: padme anakin.png (1145x487, 453.17K)

it baffles me that lucas has gone back and revised the trilogy so many times and put cg yoda in ep1

but he won't reedit aotc to focus on the mystery aspect, won't put more dooku scenes in to build him up, won't cut or re-edit anakin/padme's crap, won't put the clone army music in where it belongs, put more clone wars battle shots back in or had more restraint in the stupid yoda fight

AOTC remains the worst of the 6 films
but the stuff on coruscant in the start of the film is kino
youtube.com/watch?v=LobxXPLKUUo

Only redditors and virgins hate the prequels

>only one thats subpar is tpm
wrong

5 > 4 > 6 == 3 > 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2

I think you just have shit taste.

Watch the Plinkett reviews and you’ll see how shit it really is

>Am I emotionally stunted for not cringing once during this? I’ve avoided seeing these again for a very long time because of the supposed “worst romance of all time” that I keep hearing about, but Anakin and Portman seemed appropriately awkward for how sheltered and romantically inexperienced they both were. I didn’t even think the performances were particularly poor; maybe exclusively watching pre-1960 movies lately has made me desensitized to melodrama.

And honestly, even in spite of plenty of obvious green screen, it’s still a pretty movie— Lucas was definitely right to wait ~20 years to make the prequels. The city planet has a great atmosphere and Obi-Wan’s B-plot feels like a good pulp noir story but in Star Wars. The only outright bad part of the movie was the CP30 comic relief in the last act. Looking forward to Revenge of the Sith.

Attached: A0F413EE-CBEE-4727-AD63-B8176F3493F0.jpg (300x254, 21.78K)

Attached: say the line.jpg (1280x720, 154.64K)

You forgot to green text the second paragraph

>this is going to generate at least 6 (You)s
The Plinkett reviews are pretty funny though if you haven’t seen them.

pic related: guy who enjoys the prequels as an adult

Attached: tv the kid.png (480x408, 291.24K)

youtube.com/watch?v=rgDgXkczRQE
some of these scenes should be finished and put back in

AotC and RotS' deleted scenes seem to be mostly Padme's stuff
I guess Lucas got scared after (((critics))) cried about her in TPM and cut back her role

Shame, I liked that character

youtube.com/watch?v=haIx05vGG_A
some of these should be finished off and put in the film too

Why does this line actually seem good in written form? Was Hayden's delivery that shit?

It was good in the movie too

>Am I emotionally stunted for not cringing once during this?

Yes, writing is absolutly horrible

there's more stuff that was cut
there was a subplot where the jedi try to blow up the command ships to shut down the droids like in episode i, but then they find out the droids can function without the command ship this time
youtube.com/watch?v=oIFul_HeFWQ

the last 30mins of the film always felt like a big rushed mess, they probably just ran out of time