Why the fuck was the wedding scene so long it was almost an hour long

why the fuck was the wedding scene so long it was almost an hour long

Attached: 1640868997351.jpg (2170x3200, 1.25M)

Best part of the movie

literally nothing happened it was so slow i skipped around it until it changed

it was before ADD existed

You're a gross human being and should be put down. Best part of the movie

To stop zoomers watching it. Be gone vile grub.

it's specifically there to filter zoomers, plebs and niggers

because it got soul

Feels self indulgent. One of the downsides to the New Hollywood era

To make you see the world that they lost. You're a soulless drone if you can't feel the happiness and comfort of these moments.

to make the jump to the war scenes more powerful

>recognizes friend, remembers home
>finally kills himself
I dont get it

he was already dead

based

Attached: 1613237384506.png (958x32, 7.55K)

Immerse viewer in the core group of characters so you care later. Capture their factory town world. Set up character dynamics - such as Streep's devotion to Walken and De Niro's devotion to her.

>the guy who played Axel was an actual steel worker from the area, they casted him after meeting him in a local bar
>after making the movie, he went back to being a steelworker
idk why, but this really bothers me. You think he ever feels bitter about the fact that he had to go back to his blue collar life after they left? He probably thinks about the movie all the time.
Meanwhile Deniro and Walken probably completely forgot about him.

he knew he would never be the same

to give you PTSD from boredom, then you can better relate to the antagonists

is he the most based director alive?

I agree. Without it, the rest of the film wouldn't have hit as hard. It seems like decent, long-winded (which really is the only true way to do it come think of it) character introductions and development have been abandoned in favor of gimmicky montages, or just lazy visual storytelling, and that's if the movie's not so lowbrow to the point of expecting the audience to just tag along for the ride, knowing only a thing or two about the protagonist/main cast, expecting the quips to make up for the lack of human connection ("look! He's funny and thus relatable!!").
In short, storytelling is dead.
>pic unrelated

Attached: 5ad47596531d48c9872ffc05fda3caf8.jpg (721x1024, 569.24K)

but i loved the first half

how do zooms get filtered by this scene and then pretend to love breathless

To drive home the point that they're just regular guys and to push the juxtaposition between normal life and being thrust into the war.

You see the guys as just "dudes being dudes", then all of a sudden they're in the Vietcong shooting each other.

it's called character development, zoomie.

>didn't become soulless child-raping jew prostitute
nah he won

hes dead jim

Do you retards actually believe that every single actor in Hollywood literally rapes children?

>alive
sheesh

Yes

oh what the fuck, he died in 2016? i thought he was still alive, working on shitty movies