LOST

what did the numbers mean

Attached: numbers.png (1280x720, 1.13M)

they corresponded to the last 7 candidates of Jacob

good morning, i hate kate

imagine pregnant Ben

They were the IDs of the characters that survived until the very end.
Not even joking.

Attached: heart.png (1280x720, 1.01M)

are you imagining yet

More specifically, each candidate was a degree on the lighthouse dial, and Jacob would cross them off if they died or weren't candidates anymore.

Attached: Lighthouse_Dial.jpg (1000x981, 127.33K)

>on season 3
>fucking fed up of the kate/sawyer/jack triangle and sawyer constantly being beaten up
and s1 and 2 were so good ahhhhh
at least mr locke is still based

First time watcher?

The start of season 3 is widely regarded as one of the slower stretches of episodes in the entire show (though I'm in the minority and actually really enjoy most of those episodes, even though the flashbacks are a little rough.) For the first half of season 3 the showrunners were negotiating with ABC for an end date to the show. ABC wanted them to keep making it indefinitely for at least another 10 seasons cause it was such a ratings hit. They wanted to milk it for all that it was worth. Whereas the creators wanted to end it after six seasons because they knew that the quality of the show would suffer if they were just treading water and not going in a definite direction with the story.

They didn't come to an agreement until after a particular episode during the middle of season 3 (one which is widely regarded to be one of the worst episodes of LOST). The network saw that episode and were like "maybe you have a point," and agreed to end the show after six seasons. After that episode, the story becomes much more focused towards an end goal and the quality improves a lot. The final stretch of episodes in season 3 is probably one of the best in the entire show, and the finale of season 3 is a masterpiece.

Also, stay away from threads like this to avoid spoilers. LOST is a show where there are so many twists and turns, even just glancing at a particular image from a later season can spoil a major twist.

Attached: LOST imdb scores.png (720x1348, 188.93K)

why the different lengths in seasons

fair enough. i know some random spoilers anyway so not too fussed at least

The writer's strike came midway through season 4, so they had to shorten the number of episodes.

I don't know if there's a specific reason why 5 and 6 had a shorter episode count than the first 3 seasons, but I assume it's cause they didn't need over 20 episodes to tell the story they wanted. When you go back and watch the first 3 seasons, there's a number of episodes which I would consider "filler," though many of those episodes are still great or have great moments. The final 3 seasons are much more focused on the end goal and contain far less "filler" though I think there are a number of episodes in season 6 where they could have used the time better. I think season 6 either should have been shorter with several things cut, or it should have been much longer with certain things explored in much more detail. The writers kind of got caught in the middle so some of the pacing in that season feels a bit off.

WALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT! Have any of you seen my boy? I told him to stay on a blue board but said that Any Forums was SPECIFICALLY OFF LIMITS! Oh fuck, he's probably bumping another Boba Feet thread as we speak. IF ANY OF YOU SEE HIM LET ME KNOW, WALT IM COMING FOR YOU BUDDY! WALLLLLLT! WALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT

>The Constant
One of the best episodes in TV history. Miss this show, man.

Stranger in a Strange Land is the only episode I hated. Fire + Water was just really funny

>Stranger in a Strange Land is the only episode I hated. Fire + Water was just really funny

I think I'm the opposite. Stranger in a Strange Land has a kind of car crash "so bad it's good" kind of vibe whereas Fire+Water is just painful to watch. It's the only episode I skip pretty much every time.

Attached: LOST Stranger in a Strange Land.jpg (1200x675, 74.04K)

I only watched the show recently and I got curious because I've previously heard about F+W being really bad. So I went into it with an idea of what happens and the joy for me came out of mocking Charlie in his voice and it was only solidified when he said word-for-word what I had said jokingly

how can anyone watch this show and not know what the numbers are

jfc no wonder morons still think they were in some kind of purgatory the entire time. just go back to watching spoonfed capeshit

My boomer parents didn't even realize they were punching numbers in the terminal. A lot of people are extremely retarded.

Parents dropped LOST in season 2 because it became too confusing for them.

wait what did they think they were doing this entire time??