/trek/

Roddenberry’s Vision Edition
Last time, on /trek/:

Attached: spirkiss.jpg (1440x1418, 102K)

A community in crisis.

NEW (NON FAGGOT) THREAD:

ABANDON THIS FAG SHIT

Prodigy split /trek/‘s spirit to the bone.

Violence and death. I hate yuri and yaoi

fuck off chud

Fuck off, yankee separatist.

This one.

QRD on Prodigy?

don’t trust his lies

Attached: Murf.png (205x205, 67.39K)

If you feel intimidated by seeing Kirk and Spock kiss, you’re not a real Trekkie.

Based Spirkposter

I watched all of season 1 of Discovery recently. All issues not being Star Trek aside, the biggest problem is that it moves way too quickly, so there's no time to feel the impact of any problem or narrative arc on the characters or world.
The Federation-Klingon War starts in the first episode and ends in the last, but they establish nothing about what the state of either side is beyond some expository dialogue. The impact of the war isn't felt either beyond like two minor skirmishes because the Discovery is always off doing some mushroom shit away from the front lines. Then the war just ends in a ceasefire, even though the Feds almost lost, because the mirror universe emperor came up with a plan to planetcrack Kronos and the Feds almost went through with it, but Michael did a Federation values speech that changed their mind, so they gave the detonator to a Klingon they held prisoner who declared herself the leader and ended the war. Then the disunited 24 houses all just fell into line. The writers tried to do in 15 episodes what DS9 did in a hundred.

Season 2 slowed down a bit, but it's mostly busy completely fucking up the worldbuilding for Section 31, and doing Spock family melodrama and really shallow TOS fanservice. Can't wait to find out what's inside the Red Angel mystery box.

Attached: 1643962592856.jpg (600x600, 25.14K)

Insidious scheme to both indoctrinate Star Wars kids with Trek values and sneak a canon sequel to Voyager under Kurtzmans nose.

That’s based.

Attached: coffee janeway.jpg (450x360, 29.71K)

Love is Respect (the book)
Abusive abusers and Kurtzmanlets BTFO

The pacing pisses me off too. There's just no room to breathe in season 1. It does get better with that over time . The dumb mystery box shit doesn't unfortunately which is the shows greatest sin after revolving around the insufferable Saint Michael of whisper talking.

Post your idea for you original Star Trek series

I'm still going with my series that's about a new sector of the galaxy that was previously undiscovered being opened up by some means and an expeditionary mission being put together to establish Federation presence within in built entirely from new civilizations and races who recently joined the Federation comprising the crew with a female Romulan captain as the protagonist, with several one of or minor races from the previous series making up the crew with some new original ones thrown in for good measure. I'd like to use the Bynar, the Rutians, The Hirogens, an original Aquatic race, and an orignal human race but originating as distant rugged space colonists as the main crew of the ship.

It would essentially be a classic Star Trek show with them exploring the new sector of the galaxy, analyzing planets, discovering new races and civilzations, with an overall plot of tring to establishing a diplomatic alliance between adavances civilizations there and the Federation, competeing with the Ferengi anatgonist of the series who is a ruthless agent of the Ferengi Commerse Authority trying to do the same but in an effort to esablish a mercantile alliance in his own benefit. He's a fat hednoistic scumbag but genuninley intelligent and cunning not a joke character

All of DISCO feels likes it's rushing. But nothing is actually happening. Like, the camera is always moving, they're always yelling, it's always an urgent emergency. Every scene. But, every 'sode is just 10% of the season arc. So, barely anything happened in the story.

Attached: brother-0422.jpg (1920x802, 715.35K)

Ideas are cheap, it's all execution.
Both Discovery and Picard could be good with the right people making it because the setting doesn't matter.

Do you know what the ultimate proof of this is? The music.
Older Trek doesn't have music apart from when there's drama or action. Discovery has a blanket of music over it smothering everything that tells you what to feel.

Well we're just posting on Any Forums, so showing you my execution of a full TV series isn't possible. You're gonna have to settle for ideas bud. Got any, or did you just want to make that point?