When I watch this movie I only see good qualities. It’s overly long but I feel like it hits all the right marks

When I watch this movie I only see good qualities. It’s overly long but I feel like it hits all the right marks.
Why does Spielberg and everyone else involved hate the movie? It made a shitload of money too so why is it viewed as a flop?

Attached: 684B9E1F-A962-48BC-831E-5DC6391D8A2C.jpg (480x640, 63.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=25md6SMw4ro&ab_channel=NelsonPecina
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Same, I dont get it either. I remember being really shocked when I saw its RT score.

The pacing is just bad an not a lot happens. Predictable 90s family values message. Dustin Hoffman is good in it though.

This was my favorite movie when I was a kid

I've wondered the same thing. Spielberg is overly critical of Hook. It's not a perfect movie but it's still a really good movie.

I didn't like most of it as a kid, except for a couple parts. I saw it again when I was much older and liked it a lot more.

the mermaid scene unlocked something in my head way back when

Dustin Hoffman as Hook is one of the most kino character portrayals in history

It can't be bad cause it has Rufio in it.

And the only time Julia Roberts actually looked cute

RU
FI
O

i didnt really like it as much as my friends did, they all repeated the rufio lines and i would punch them

>Why does Spielberg and everyone else involved hate the movie?
That's news to me. I can't watch this flick because it doesn't work for me. It's off kilter. Maybe not bad, but it hits all the wrong notes.

No idea how anyone could *not* like this movie. The total realization of the world of neverland with just setbuilding and costuming and zero hint of CGI is fucking KINOGRAPHY. The places they go, the food they eat, the armor they put on and the games they play all feel real and lived in down to small details

How did a dead crocodile eat him?

Just thinking about how those flowers sniff people rather than permit them to be sniffed. lol

Bad form

maybe spielberg didn’t get to rape as many children as he would have liked on this one

It can't be easy directing and wrangling all those rebellious kids. Most of the sets look like just that; sets and soundstages. Steven mentioned that all the moving flowers and scenery in Neverland would have been digital today so maybe its the overall look of the movie that he didn't care for, that and he probably had bigger ideas for some of the human flight sequences. Budget and shooting schedule was up too. Being able to work with Williams and Hoffman must have been a dream and shit, even Bob Hoskins and Maggie Smith, Spielberg had to deal with Julia Roberts who was going through a bad break-up at the time when Kiefer Sutherland called off their wedding and on a whim, flew back to the U.S. during filming. Spielberg threatened to have her blacklisted, but all she ended doing was a lot of solitude in green screen scenes. That couldn't have been a fun time as well. Michael Jackson was involved at one point too and hated Steven afterwards for not casting him as Peter Pan. Other than Spielberg meeting Robin Williams who would call and cheer him up during Schindler's List, it sounds like such a downer for him but its still a good film nonetheless.

Still, the movie is still solid. Its stylish, its got soul and solid performances. Not his best but not his worst out of that part of his career. It was just the peak before Jurassic Park hit.
youtube.com/watch?v=25md6SMw4ro&ab_channel=NelsonPecina

Attached: 1639488252731.jpg (500x745, 75.86K)

I got one of my first erections when they put that pirate in the chest.

That was Glenn Close being FTM.

a nice set is surrounded by a shit movie with terrible acting, and stupid dialog. You know, the two most important things in a movie

>Julia Roberts who was going through a bad break-up at the time when Kiefer Sutherland called off their wedding
um sweaty, Julia cheating on Kiefer with Jason Patrick, thats why Kiefer called off the wedding

Attached: lost-boys.jfif.jpg (1280x720, 210.99K)

>a shit movie with terrible acting, and stupid dialog. You know, the two most important things in a movie

Attached: lxfxir.gif (320x180, 1.24M)

The daughter singing is the worst part to me. And the Jewish son is needy. They have a point.

>Substitute chemistry teacher