Attached: Troy.jpg (1000x414, 53.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i8DnR0OS6yE
youtube.com/watch?v=FAtwUQf1pec
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just as realistic

>muh machine gun emplacements
never happened

Still a fuller beach than Nolan's Dunkirk.

This will be Crimea in a week

>The Iliad but without the cool god shenanigans stopping time and changing arrows' trajectories
Cringe.

youtube.com/watch?v=i8DnR0OS6yE

Attached: maxresdefault23.jpg (1280x720, 92.55K)

This movie convinced me that Ridley Scott is a hack who got lucky with Alien.

Success of Saving Private Ryan has been a disaster for contemporary cinematography.

Attached: 1643227022161.jpg (1920x1200, 418.84K)

Seriously, both whoever had the idea of making them look like D-day landing craft and everyone who OK'd that idea should be shot.

That coloring is not nice.

they actually did have ships like that, but they were for horses and much larger

>Raise arrows!
>Release!
What the fuck is going on with these commands as well

youtube.com/watch?v=FAtwUQf1pec

kek

This is actually good though, and not trying to be artificially like Omaha beach for no reason.

Cringiest part of the movie t.b.h.
But still not as cringey as the Orcs' amphibious landing craft in LotR.

Kino

Its retarded for its time period. Like what happened in Canada, what they did was bombard the beach fortifications to shit from their ships while land their troops on a safer location.

>let's launch an amphibious landing over the only defended part of the entire coast

if anything it's dumber than both and

>"what movie is thi-"
>it's Robin Hood

Well, to be fair the only reason they're there in the first place is to find and kill that group of pirates.

What do you want them to say? take aim and fire? Those are bows, not muskets

If Achilles were real, I do doubt he would be so retarded as to attempt this, even while huffing his own fart-gas (which he did).

Usually they go with commands of nock, draw and loose. The historicity of it all is pretty uncertain but "raise arrows" and "release" sound fucking bad.