Is Lost in Translation the ultimate romantique movie?

Is Lost in Translation the ultimate romantique movie?

The chick flick that men can enjoy too

Sad but uplifting and evocative at the same time

Attached: go.jpg (2560x1439, 178.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sP9ufyH-Pdg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It taught me I want to be rich. I don't have the luxury to be in an existential hellhole where I can bathe, feed and meet cool people all the time.

nah little fish released last year and it was miles better

for me, it's the Before trilogy

Attached: Hollywood-Insider-The-Before-Trilogy-Before-Sunrise-Before-Sunset-Before-Midnight-Ethan-Hawke-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 176.28K)

Yeah and the Park Hyatt in Tokyo is pretty expensive

I only watch rom-coms.

Attached: favv.png (666x285, 369.76K)

Yes it's very romantic

Attached: 01.jpg (1280x688, 28.25K)

No women would enjoy this lmao. Its fantasy for older men

Agreed, I am broke but I saved enough money to go for a month in a big Asian city to neet it out
Was top kino, I would have dates and walks and trips around but at night I would go back to my kino apartment to shitpost and drink and think about how miserable my life is

Too bad the kino setup wasn't great
If I were younger and had money, I would move there for a few years, maybe get some shit job, set up the place with a 60" and some decent speakers, and have all sorts of comfy times

Attached: kino setup.jpg (4160x3120, 2.27M)

women love sofia coppola movies
lost
virgin suicides
marie Antoinette

maybe basic thots don'tt idk

no it's this

youtube.com/watch?v=sP9ufyH-Pdg

>virgin suicides
Great movie, but it did nothing to clarify the mystery. And she did so intentionally. If you have siblings you can understand why one would kill themselves after the other. The atmosphere of the movie was great, but it did zero in showing the domino effect.

i read the book long before seeing the film and the book doesn't do that much better job in explaining either, so I think she did a good job
Both the movie and the book aren't about the suicides themselves, or the causes behind them, they are all about the atmosphere, shown via highly glamourized memories of the kids back then

Sure but this movie is just wish fulfilment for sad lonely men. I doubt it appeals to many women. Maybe some, but not a lot surely. I can't think of any women I know who would be into it

how is it wish fulfillment if he's miserable all through it and it ends in departure though
if anything it's depressing for sad lonely men

Just checked and it seems that old fucks like it least among males, and is generally liked by women

>I can't think of any women I know who would be into it
how would you even know, have you literally ever talked about it with a woman let alone seen it with one or just going off some autistic hunch

Attached: file.png (818x494, 40K)

Same here. Can’t relate to any first world problem despite living in a first world country.

>has money and time for a vacation
lmao, I haven’t been farther than 30 miles from my home/workplace in more than 10 years

so you literally don't save anything every month?
I was working 2 jobs for a year and when I quit I wanted to enjoy myself a little bit

>a movie about a sad old lonely man dating the hottest girl on the planet who laughs at his jokes and is madly in love with him isn't wish fulfilment

I can already tell you don't even know any women

I make 1600 per months, rent is 850, food is 150, utilities are 150. So I save about 5 grands per year which is nothing, certainly not enough to travel or have hobbies.

damn that sucks my guy, i make 4K a month doing nothing other than renting rooms to my friends. i haven't worked a job since i was 15 at a grocery store

>is proven wrong
>i-incel!!!1
ok

the apartment (1960) is really great.

I have about 200K in crypto but I don’t want to pay taxes on those so I can’t use any of it until it provides regular and sufficient passive income

my trip expenses were 300 euros for the plane tickets and 330 euros for the monthly rent in that air bnb aprtment i posted (2 floors, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, balcony, in private residential area)
It was in Manila
Food and booze were cheap
Didn't pay for any hoes as I could just go out with some random slut off tantan and at worst have her beg me to pay for her 2$ food (almost never paid anyways)
Actually went out with a call center working girl there as that's huge in the PH and she wanted me to apply for a middle management job there that paid well relatively speaking (i think around 1200 bux which is 4x the national average) and I seriously considered it, as I wouldn't have minded staying there a bit more, but to be honest I hate the heat, and even in the cold season it barely went under 30
She told me it's easy to get hired as a westerner as they're considered more competent (the avg philipino is barely mentally able) and plus in high request for the language knowledge

Even my month long trip to Tokyo wasn't 5 grand, but admittedly that was like 10y ago

Attached: broke ass.jpg (3120x4160, 2.58M)

i have 450k in crypto that i also havent touched since 2018 cuz of taxes. well... closer to 360k now after the past 2 weeks