What is Korean tv like?

What is Korean tv like?

Attached: 1643708327573.jpg (1920x1080, 592.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kcnawatch.org/korea-central-tv-livestream/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Zombies and boyband

All the dudes are super effeminate but the girls actually like it instead of the hyper masculine shit we have out in the west. I wouldn't say it's based or cringe, just different. I watched a Korean dating show and none of the women wanted to have kids which I found kinda strange since my Korean wife can't stop having kids.

Mostly romance stuff written by middle aged women. It's real womens fantasy stuff. Like the show "my mister" is about a 21 year old girl who befriends a wealthy middle aged man and just messages him "buy me food". and he buys her food and booze and then she just goes home. She also lies cheats and steals from him constantly and he falls in love with her and keeps coming back.
It's insane.

What are the tv approved kdramas?

Attached: 1643712503367.jpg (560x830, 270.44K)

heres some North Korean Central Kino
kcnawatch.org/korea-central-tv-livestream/

I was in Korea recently - I speak barely enough Korean to get a general gist of what people are saying, how to order food and greet people.
From what little I understood, a great deal of Korean TV is, in this order;
>sensationalist magazine dribble about famous people
>Game shows
>Romance Drama (99% of them starring a female lead who is a horrible person who cheats on her partners all the time)

Extracurricular
Uncanny Counter

kdrama i watched recently
silent sea (dogshit if you are a fan of scifi)
through the darkness (korean mindhunter)
dr brain (child autist becomes neurosurgeon, body snatching)
chimaera (serial killer revenge)
all of us are dead

recommend all but silent sea, that show seriously sucks ass. takes places on the moon and they competely forget that the gravity there isnt the same

Didn't the girl character ended up simping hard on the old dude in the end?

Shows with Korean girls 'mirin white men.

Attached: zhao.png (700x700, 528.58K)

The American soldiers channel was something else.

Most kdrama romance is the same repetitive formulaic drivel. All you need to know
>Male lead starts off being arrogant and cocky
>Average girl tames him
>Out of nowhere despite being single all her life, multiple guys like her as she meets the male lead
>There will be at least 3 breakups between the main couple
>The woman is never in the wrong and even when she is, the male lead apologizes for it anyway
>Nonsensical drama in last couple episodes
>Fake out death endings
>Timeskip endings
>Both mains don't show any signs of character progression from the 1st episode to the last
Saved you watching most of them

>Lies, cheats and steals from him constantly
Who? UI's character? She had his back once she knew everything about him. I think you're mixing it up with another show. She's one of the best female characters I've seen in a show. Loyal and caring unlike his whore wife.

IU will be in a squid game style kdrama this year
she's my favorite korean star

This. The beauty standards are different in Korea, And facial hair isn't seen as masculine, it's seen as dirty/lazy/poor. Also, looking feminine and behaving feminine are two different things.

She's in the new Koreeda movie this year too with Bae Donna and Song Kang-Ho. Quite a smart career climber i have to say.

Women that want WMAF.

I forgot about that. It's really something to look out for.

trash

Attached: ktv.jpg (1332x1673, 677.39K)

>Quite a smart career climber i have to say.
shes already at the top of the music game winning all the awards now she wants to come for the acting awards

It was pretty eye opening tbqh. I've watched shit like the bachelor and joe zillionaire and the women all behave like turbo sluts, but on the Korean dating show they were all pretty reserved. Actually the communication style was a complete 180 from the west imho. They talked really directly about things that actually mattered and the airy flirting was kept to a minimum.

>rich guy needs to stop being a bachelor and find a wife according to his family
>he’s shown to do absolutely none of things a wealthy bachelor typically does however, and prefers to just drink a coffee on his own or with his equally rich, even more arrogant friends
>suddenly he bumps into a poor girl, who despite being poor, lives in a fucking house in an expensive area
>rich guy pretty much abuses her for 15 episodes until a ballad starts playing and a montage of him abusing her plays, then he realises he actually loved her all along
>stops whatever he’s doing, bursts into wherever she is, this part must have at least 3 replays from different cameras
>it turns out that all of his rich friends want a piece of this bob cut, jeans wearing piece of ass and now she can’t choose
>they finally get together but no sex until marriage
>but wait! there’s at least 10 more episodes left, so now she needs the approval from the guys judgemental family
>in the end it all works out, jump to 5 years in the future where everyone and everything looks identical to 5 years prior, and they’re happy
>the end, rinse and repeat

Lot of miserable people pretending to be happy

It's super fucking annoying is what it is.
99% of Korean television is "reality" television shows where they follow the same dozen celebrities doing mundane boring shit, eating terrible food, or playing retarded games. A subcategory of this is the baby reality tv shows, where the kids of the reality tv celebrities do the same dumb shit. Then to make it even more obnoxious, they do all these out of place edits where they show the same scene over and over, except shot from twenty different angles, all to justify that they have twenty cameras filming this garbage and to pad out the show. On top of this, the cherry on this shit cake is they add all these terrible sound effects and special effects (aka some kid playing around in WMM and making youtube poop level shit) and annoying ass text over all of it. It sucks. It's the worst television humanity has produced. Kdramas are dumb and predictable, sure, but at least they actually put an ounce of effort into Korean dramas. At least they kind of try to be entertaining. Only retarded losers would find Korean reality television entertaining.

Attached: 0002876500_003_20190127065055038.jpg (521x574, 31.99K)

>Game shows
There actually aren't any gameshows in the western sense. Like the idea of having three regular people compete for a prize or whatever just doesn't happen in Korea. Their game shows are celebrities playing children's games like tag for zero prizes.

I genuinely enjoyed Infinite Challenge, it’s a shame it went to dogshit after Hong Chul and Gil got fired. Most Korean variety shows are more like friend simulators where a bunch of celebrities pretend they’re in a little club and constantly name drop shit and blow smoke up eachother’s asses.
>OMG i saw this celebrity in Apgujeong he was out with his mother!
>ahhhhh CKKKKKK this guy really loves his mother
>fake audience starts clapping and cheering
>ah ah ah ah i remember seeing you in Apgujeong also! aiiiii my mother loved seeing you!
>fake audience is in absolute overdrive at this point