MAGIC PIXIE DREAM GRILS

Are MPDGs an authentic artistic expression of young male romantic desire and (obviously somewhat) misplaced female idealization, or a tired screenwriting trope that negates character agency and relates women (and the actresses that play them) to an unfulfilling one-dimensional stereotype?

Attached: 801432D4-45A5-4FEE-8A25-11172943B3C7.jpg (728x454, 259.02K)

She sounds like a deff person

they're cute and i deserve sex

I prefer girls who are actually magical.

Attached: 305.gif (512x384, 3.86M)

Lol the faggot that coined the term regrets coining it

It's manic. Manic pixie.

It's magic glad you got it right

what's up with these "tropes" that people can't even name more than like two movies they exist in? My sister was going on and on about how sexist the manic pixie dream girl was, and I said well it's not even a problem because it's in like two movies she started to wig out. When I said name the movies it's in she literally couldn't name one.
I can only think of like maybe three? and two of these I think are subversions.
>eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
>500 days of summer (subversion)
>scott pilgrim (subversion?) (couldn't finish the movie)

it's just like the "white savior" trope that everyone goes
>Lawrence of Arabia, a movie from the 60's I'll pretend I've seen
and?
>.....and fuck you it's a trope okay?!?

"white savior" isn't a trope its a mindset

So like pretty retards?

And a way of life.

Do you want an ugly one? Otherwise your only attracted to the actress.

Man who would be king is the worst example of white savior trope. Only time it genuinely impacted my enjoyment of the film.
>These people have literally no history of their own, other than remembering that time a white guy conquered them over 2000 years ago
>too stupid to build a bridge to connect villages separated by gorges until a white guy orders them to do it
Don't get me started on the battle scene where the natives have a huge stone fortress which they charge out of into gunfire, then just immediately surrender instead of retreating back to their stronghold. It sure is easy to conquer a country where everyone is too retarded to live.

For me, my fantasy girl was always the classic hyper feminine type A personality queen bitch princess type

Attached: MSDMEGI_EC029 (1).jpg (1678x1678, 334K)

Lawrence of Arabia isn't a white savior movie either, as his desire to be seen as the Bedouins messiah is clearly expressed as a symptom of his own delusional narcissism and vanity, which is what directly leads to his decent into sanity and his own demise.

Attached: giphy.gif (245x282, 605.74K)

*insanity

Charlton Heston in 55 Days in Peking, now that's a heavily overt white savior movie with intentionally racist themes. Great movie

Attached: 812ABRNLluL._SL1500_.jpg (1059x1500, 281.76K)

I prefer alien women. Clear breeding and consumption motivation that a basement dwelling NEAT can relate to.

it sounds like you already had this convo in your head.

I met girls who are like that

>Lawrence of Arabia is a white saviour trope
>Especially since it left out how Arabs saw it as masculine to sexually assault white males they captured to assert their manhood

Attached: 1631942129420.jpg (220x220, 6.89K)

Asians just make romances out of idealized hunks and cute babes. Only western countries get so hung up on all this shit. Pathetic