Why is this film so bad

why is this film so bad
is it the cowriting?
the previous ones were pretty decent

Attached: 1643679126492.jpg (1000x1481, 374.66K)

I honestly think the death of Ledger made Nolan lose motivation for working on the finale. Felt phoned in with some great set pieces sprinkled throughout it.
>Batman is a reluctant hero once again
>Villain is agent of chaos that wants to destroy Gotham
>Batman loses his faith that he can win
>Gains it after a speech by Tangerine man
>Saves the day in an anti-climatic fight where he just beats the guy by punching him in the face more than his last encounter

Attached: 1402692387706.jpg (279x293, 20.22K)

keep in mind, this wasnt supposed to be the finale

my main problem is that its just a very generic american hero movie, rinse repeat
you can replace all the characters with literally anyone and itd be exactly the same
there is no uniqueness
it didnt help that besides the lead characters the acting was terrible
and at points the directing was laughable

gotham doesnt even feel like the grunge city it is made out to be
its just new york, that looks new york
the other movies had the same problem, but this one is particularly offensive
they didnt even bother to use a gta iv colour grading

some parts were written really well though, which made me suspect the cowriting was largely the cause

Yeah and I'd add on to that by saying there wasn't really anywhere for the movies to go anyways. I think Nolan is a production God. On time and under budget. There really isn't anything interesting left to do after you blow up a stadium and have a brawl with thousands of cops and goons. It'll just turn into a cgi mess like other capeshit. I'm actually looking forward to his next movie to see if he can return to his roots of writing an interesting narrative without relying on set pieces (minus the nuke of course).

Attached: isz.jpg (1800x1348, 755.36K)

>I'm actually looking forward to his next movie to see if he can return to his roots of writing an interesting narrative without relying on set pieces (minus the nuke of course).
he can't

The biggest problem was structure.

Having him rise, fall, and rise again took the energy out of it and the writing suffered for it.

Either:

He should have been at his height, fall, and then rise.

OR

He should have been shown in prison with flash back to his fall, and then rise.

Either of those would have yield a better (and better written) movie.

pretty much, i was two hours in and went for a piss break
when i realised there was an hour of film left i really didnt know if i could take that anymore

i enjoyed the part of the ending were they revealed statue
it turned a myth or a legend into an actual legend, a saga
but then of course
>shiggy diggy patrick bateman is alive and everything that happened was all a dream so it doesnt really matter

i forgot the picture, but its just a generic heros journey story

Attached: 1643682897207.jpg (300x302, 30.49K)

but i can
watch me write a good movie

watch me already write a better one years ago and is about to get funded

This is exactly what happened, Nolan only did it to play nice with WB and get money for interstellar.

can i read the script

The entire ending of Dark Knight is fucking stupid and is the entire premise of Dark Knight Rises
>Batman you must make them think two face was a hero because le something idk
>*c.uck pipes up*: erm actually they didn't want to nullify all the arrests two face made by revealing he was a villain
that's FUCKING STUPID. Batman is actively fighting the criminals so if they got released he would stop them and further fucking more forcing him to hide and be seen as villain puts even more lives in danger since it makes it harder to protect people in Gotham.
C_ucked fucking gay ass idea.

how does not in a million fucking years sound you ugly dipshit

why wouldnt you give it your everything
seems like more reason to make something good
this wasnt even decent, and it leaves the trilogy with a sour aftertaste

It needed one or two more drafts.

There's no reason to go to the middle east in this story. Bruce Wayne could've easily been trapped underground with the police and escaped the sewers with them.

Instead, there's 3 or 4 superfluous scenes where Bruce climbs out of a hole, inexplicably makes it halfway across the world, then has to free the cops from the sewers. Streamlining would've helped here. Especially since the geography is really confusing. How did Bane get to leave Gotham, which was highly monitored?

you said it was good, so i want to see if its good

I don't care what you think about anything
you talentless hack

No, many of the basic ideas in the movie are pretty good, Nolan just can't pull them off because he's saddled with too many pet peeves that screw it up.
>I must cross cut regardless of the story I'm telling
>I must pick the image quality shot by shot instead settling for one level
>I must get thousands of extras and shoot low takes as a result
>I must not re-record audio despite it being unintelligible
>I must not use CGI for a story that all but demands it

TDK had a good ending but I agree they failed to set up the motivation. The goal was to show that Gotham was finally getting its shit together and didn't need a guy in a suit beating criminals at night. It had an honorable city prosecutor fighting the good fight.

That part was fine, and was the one thing that made a coherent story across three films. The Dark Knight argues that you fight corruption and lies with lies about heroism.

The Dark Knight Rises shows that you can't bury the truth forever and that it inevitably prevails. You still have to believe in people at their core to handle the truth. It's a naive argument, but one I didn't have a problem with.

I agree that was a theme but I thought the main underlying theme was that the people of Gotham needed to fight back and not depend on heroes like Batman or Dent.

Attached: 1519674227026.jpg (275x427, 24.67K)

the middle east part was entirely a metaphor
it didnt actually happen

Because we're not talking about building a birdhouse here. You can be professional but you can't put soul into something if your hearts not in it.

talent is but a trick

it shouldve been, but the writing didn't really accept it