Iron Kid

>breakneck story pacing
>everything is a joke
>even sincere character building moments are subverted
Who invented this style of storytelling? Is post-modern or post-ironic?

Attached: spooderman.jpg (1180x842, 73.58K)

I agree. I hadn't watched any of the other Holland Spiderman's but I tried to watch this last one. Got about 20 minutes in and like you said. Breakneck pacing and everything is a joke. I decided it was written for ADHD zoomers and turned it off.

that's how i felt about TLJ

That's Spiderman's thing though.

I don't think even ultimate spider-kid gets this bad.

Because it's made by commitee and emotions makes commitees uncomfortable.
Funny puns on the other hand, the staple of any good board meeting.

Attached: Ee65fmaX0AEqKg1.jpg (1177x939, 160.2K)

Joss Whedon

They used to teach his writing style in colleges and now everyone does it.

>>breakneck story pacing
This isn't a problem.

i heard it was saul keen's idea to make the MCU spider-man this way

Joss Whedon is the worst thing to happen to American film since the death of New Hollywood.

Tobey didn't feel like his character at all. I also hate the fucking theme song

This is the core issue with everything. Filmmaking is an art that requires abstract thinking and, while there are certainly techniques that can be taught, we have a new generation of institutionalized film school and breakdowns like "Save the Cat!" that have rigidly defined how to write and make movies so younger filmmakers are essentially churned out like an assembly line making the same reductive shit.

Some are good, though, but will never get a fair shake to make their own "Star Wars," even though that's what Hollywood wants the most.

>breakdowns like "Save the Cat!" that have rigidly defined how to write and make movies
Stuff like this and TV Tropes have done nothing but harm to movies and how people perceive them in general.

>I can name 10 other movies that use the same plot device! That means I know a lot about movies.
>Wow, you must watch a lot of movies to notice this.
>What? No I don't have time to actually watch movies, I just read wikis.

The one that pisses me off the most is:
>Every possible plot device that could ever exist has been catalogued and labeled
>This movie uses a plot device I know the name of
>That means this movie is BAD and UNORIGINAL

Modern movies need to appeal to diverse brown and black audiencess. Many of these creatures have low cognitive abilities and low impulse control, so it is important that movies are attention-grabbing and constantly entertaining, and have a low emotional impact.

why does every new movie need to be 2.5 fucking hours long?

also i was surprised how dark the movie was, he lost his aunt and every person close to him in the second half, all due to his own stupidity

what a loser

Emotional appeal is how you get the lowest common denominator
Just accept that black audience appeal started and ended with race swapping everyone from MJ to Flash and making bold statements like "That pile of rocks is devoted to slavery, I refuse to acknowledge its existence"

>Well paced
>Funny
>Understands the audience is already familiar with the character and doesn't need it explained to them
Who invented doing a good job? Not sure.

Whedon. Meanwhile compare to the superior Raimi.

Raimi, you mean the guy who did the Evil Dead movies which are all subverting Romero's zombie tropes and quippy one liners because everyone knew what a zombie was and didn't need it explained to them and Bruce Campbell has great comic timing?

Or the Raimi who made Xena Warrior princess following on from Whedon's Buffy but in a sword and sorcery setting?

Is there anything sadder than a zoomer who thinks Spiderman 2 is a classic?

same with Doc Ock desu. Wouldn’t surprise me if turns out Defoe improvised most of his lines because they couldn’t capture the Raimi feel at all with the other 3