Jesus Christ, what a joke of a website

Jesus Christ, what a joke of a website

Attached: Capture2.png (738x536, 87.8K)

Attached: cap3.png (752x267, 19.51K)

what I find most amusing about these kind of threads is that the OPs pretend to write as if they were "scholars" or performing some kind of unbiased analysis when what they are doing is just justifying their pre-conceived thoughts. What kind of pretentious conclusion is "we ought to leave space for fans to dream"? It's honestly shameful

>ahhhhh I entered a thread of things I don't like and I'm upset by what I found! How could this have happened???

Attached: cat.png (630x630, 517.74K)

>Go on reddit
>Redditors act like redditors
Holy shit.

I know, right

>we ought to leave space for fans to dream
honestly what's wrong about this. every reader half makes up things about the things he reads as he fills in holes or imagines things. that's why fanfiction can be so varied and so on

just keep in mind that the movies, and this amazon show and so on were not written by tolkien that's it

>2nd age hobbits
>important to the narrative in any way
This alone tells you this fan fiction is going to be trash. There is no reason for them to be in any story whatsoever so you just know the show is about cashing in and bleeding an ip dry

This is what Plato meant when he said that fiction was a disease of the mind.

Tolkien did include other races, they just weren't part of the Lord of the Rings story lol. It's like when people accuse orcs of being black when black people literally exist in the those stories.

But why is it important to them that ethnically homogeneous fantasy races reflect the modern belief that ethnically heterogeneous societies benefit from their makeup? It just feels dogmatic and irrelevant to a setting that already has a wide range of ethnic groups with their own identities that should be explored.

>controversial topic comes up
>not even allowed to discuss it
How do people put up with this garbage website

Yep, the whole point of using hobbits in LOTR was that they were so uninvolved with the world before then that they were the most unlikely of heroes. If you tie them to the rest for Middle Earth's history you break that dynamic.

All of Middle Earth descended from Africa

It'san echo chamber so most of the users are just happy not to have their views challenged

why did lotr become a haven for tradlarping incels?

more like nazis probably started flooding the comments with spam

i hate how they automaticly picture a nigger with an afro and rubber boat lips everytime time someone has dark skin and hair

He's right to an extent.
Tolkien probably started writing a mythology for England but it ballooned over the years and he ended up making a mythological for the whole world and its history

Attached: 1643148846624.jpg (1541x964, 426.54K)

/thread

Attached: IMG_20220201_002225.jpg (993x302, 67.1K)

don't they have a decent amount of jannies? Just mod that shit, no need to push the red button every time!

he basically tries to stretch the word swarthy to mean every ethnicity under the sun

when in reality he probably just meant people who'd been outdoors a lot in the sun

Because you're not allowed to imagine a white homogenous society. Not evena fictional one

Attached: 1643612001184.jpg (750x420, 92.97K)

not really, pretty much all his works centre upon the western/English part

yes he made an actual world though, what fantasy author doesn't

An Englishman growing up and maturing in the 1920s cannot be non-racist. Even if he didn't care about the shitholes of the world or found some them amusing or exotic, there is no way that he didn't feel superior to every other race. And how would he when he witnessed the expansion of the Empire, the United States becoming a world power and the Russians in the East. Tolkien only ever thought about different skin colours when he needed a villain race.

Attached: 1642984690002.png (1919x2909, 95.49K)

He referenced other reddit users as “sources”

Attached: FC8BC157-E190-4EC6-B8BF-06740C8C2A46.jpg (385x390, 29.96K)

you've got as much authority on saying which ranges of browns tolkien was referring to as any pink haired tranny

and apparently they are not allowed to imagine anything else, else it would offend your sensibilities