A Nightmare on Elm Street

This series is due for a reboot don't you think? Every other horror franchise is getting one.

Attached: A_Nightmare_on_Elm_Street-790429633-large.jpg (780x1200, 185.86K)

Kevin Bacon has said he'd be interested in playing Freddy and Robert Englund thought he'd be a good choice.

No.

Attached: 1635016613631.webm (720x384, 2.92M)

Englund is Freddy.

>Kevin Bacon has said he'd be interested in playing Freddy
holy fuck that would be kino

Four Choices:

>Kevin Bacon for Older Krueger Reboot.
>Robert Englund for Halloween 2018 style sequel.
>Johnny Depp for Older Krueger Reboot.
>Cameron Monaghan for Default Krueger, chances to get multiple sequels with him.

Attached: IMG_20220130_133132-1.jpg (1080x564, 48.44K)

robert englund would work now that hes old to do that peter jackson script in wich freddie is so weak that kids go to the dream world and kick his ass, until one dies accidentally and he becomes feared again, thus powerful

I'd like a new nightmare movie with Bacon in the role. Just continue the series and don't address previous stuff aside from maybe mentioning urban legends about kids dying in their dreams decades ago

For a long time the guy doing the Conjuring movies has been wanted to work on a reboot of the series, but those movies blew up so it never happened. Then, after Wes Craven died, his estate began hearing pitches for Nightmare on Elm Street movie and tv show ideas. I think Elijah Wood even made a pitch for them. Nothing has come from that yet, but I'm guessing we'll get something within the next few years.

>prequel tv series
>freddy is working as a janitor
>molesting kids/murdering them
>big arc of him getting caught/found out
>Huge legal fight and eventual mistrial
>final arc is parents deciding to hunt him down and kill him
>he makes pact with devil/demons whatever.

MAKE IT

Attached: FJ5uSZAXoAs3rOS.jpg (1026x613, 74.31K)

No no, you see, freddie only killed kids, he didnt molest them, he didnt even sniff her panties or anything cause that would be evil, he only ravaged her guts into pieces, thats not as evil as giving them an orgasm for example

also , just to make it fun

>executives advertise it as "stranger things/IT" kids team up to stop the bad guy
>he ends up killing them all with no plot armor

Yeah I suspect we will get something like this. HBO Max exclusive. Book it

It would be great if a really good writer/director made it and had the freedom to not make it garbage, since there's probably more fun and clever things you can do with this than, say, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but idk if I or most other fans would be satisfied with any non-Englund actor as Freddy.

kids cant cum you fuckin pedo

Would it be a diverse cast of children in 1968 Illinois or set in the modern day?

tell that to my legos

Sounds good except for the last line. I think Freddy worked so well because the supernatural shit was ambiguous. You dont have to explain in detail why he came back and is near impossible to kill, just roll with it.

>you dont have to explain why a guy can manipulate peoples dreams

k

They don't explain it in the first 5 movies. And people seemed to enjoy them more than the one where they actually tried to explain it.

>>he makes pact with devil/demons whatever.
I kinda agree with but I am open to the idea of a backstory behind it as long as it's good. I don't think the demon pact thing is good though. Why would Freddy get this pact but no one else? Honestly I'm really not sure how you can give it a backstory without it not making sense due to that problem, so maybe it's best left ambiguous. But I'm open to ideas.

the dude killed

kids

in a small town. Thats like almost genocidal in scale. Yes demons would want to talk in my opinion