Every time I see a thread about this flick people just post memes and cryptic lines from the dialogue...

Every time I see a thread about this flick people just post memes and cryptic lines from the dialogue, what the fuck is this movie even about and why does it give everyone redditism? Should I watch it?

Attached: the lighthouse.jpg (2700x2263, 1.72M)

yeah

I mean this completely genuinely and unironically as someone who dislikes the bulk of movies to come out these past two-three decades, it's the one true masterpiece of the 2010s.

>Should I watch it?
Yes. It's just about Dafoe and Robert locked up together managing a lighthouse. Slight Lovecraftian sauce over it. Exactly what you'd expect good stuff

>what the fuck is this movie even about
its about the boomer vs zoomer dichotomy

I was told the same about No country for Old Men and when I watched it, it was just ok at best

It's about how it's bad luck to kill a sea bird.

good performances and isolation madness combined with a dash of cool nautical horror shit. fun watch, psyched for the northman

I don't blame you for that one, Coen Brothers suck ass and I don't care for the McCarthy script.

It’s about homosexuality, unironically

It features some of the heaviest drinking I’ve ever seen in a movie

its two meme actors doing funny accents in black and whie

It's literally just about mercury poisoning and has nothing to do with your bone-chilling lovecraft shit.

Attached: 1637438196812.jpg (1009x2048, 237.84K)

It's actually about identity

it's about family

YOUR FOND OF ME LOBSTER AINT YEA

Interesting. Please elaborate.
I can't make decisions for myself so I need someone else to spoonfeed me why movies are worth watching or not.

You're low iq and cringe. Cant help you i'm afraid.

dafoe a meme actor? get your shit together user he's kino

HARK

>Le Prometheus!!!!!

Attached: 1643034548537.jpg (960x834, 117.29K)

I think the director is kind of trolling the audience with adding all the symbolism and cryptic themes. Despite that, the movie stands up without needing any deep analysis. The setting, acting, and dialogue are top tier.

It’s a retelling of a Greek myth. I won’t say which since you probably know the story, which the plot does follow to the end. It’s good. Very well acted and shot. I’d recommend giving it a watch.

wut.

Attached: 1576929752767.webm (1292x1076, 2.95M)

>HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK!!!
This.