What the fuck happened to the industry

I honestly cant take it anymore, Wheel of time, The Witcher and now Halo / LOTR. Im done.

Attached: download (4).png (500x649, 417.43K)

Millenials happened.

You are just an old boomer, the times changed, white people are not the only relevant race anymore, adapt or fuck off

>just adapt the source material fans fell in love with
you always make compromises putting things to the big screen, fans are retards and are never satisfied. you don't want to make a shitty pandering work and be slave to a novel, comic book, etc.

>thinking excluding the majority to appeal to the minority is the way to go.
Cringe

>JUST FILM THE TEXT BRO
no, nerd

I don’t give a shit that they added a random Asian character. I don’t care if Fredric-104 is black and Linda-058 is Asian. What I care about is them completely butchering the plotline. A human that controls Lekgolo worms as the convenient destroys her species, really? Jesus fucking Christ, how hard is it to open the series with the Pillar of Autumn under fire near a halo ring.

Just kill off Eskel for no reason despite being a major character in the lore. Fuck off.

Yes, but there's compromises and then there's sweeping changes like all modern adaptations make. At least The Witcher was competently made. I'm convinced whoever is behind Wheel of Time either has not read the books or genuinely has no interest in making a good adaptation. There is no other explanation.

Yes thats exactly how it should be done.

It’s not all bad user. We got DUNC and that’s an adaption we can be proud of
Just stop watching Netflix shit and streaming services trying to be Netflix shit

Exactly, people who respect the material are generally rewarded. Look what happened to Sonic the Hedgehog.

>The Witcher was competently made

Attached: 6E58C659-F648-4FDC-8205-72AB19A86FCE.png (384x383, 145.23K)

Not sure what DUNC is but im proud of the new DUNE

They pushed out all the good writers for diversity reasons. I don't mean that they replaced white people with people of color or whatever, I mean that diversity and "inclusive values" somehow became the absolute number one priority, to the point where any decent writer (no matter their race) wouldn't want to spend their time writing this cartoonish, "let's all get along", children's-book-level drivel.

Hollywood was always pretentious and holier than thou, but now the pretentious bullshit is being written by idiots with a social studies degree who barely understand or care about the source material, with direction from people who are afraid of losing their multi-million dollar jobs in a Twitter shitstorm if they can't appease the most extreme, race-obsessed lunatics.

It often leads to soulless, boring content that feels forced, because instead of focusing on the story, we have to take unnecessary detours to have a "gay arc", a "racist gets his commupance arc", etc. etc. All the jokes are milktoast and anything that could be controversial (i.e. interesting) gets cut.

There are probably other factors, but yeah, the people running things are idiots and make everything in the same mold with the same dogshit ingredients, so obviously the result is always subpar.

>Thinking the majority are people who don't care about the original story
Cringe

Neo liberal capitalism happened.

Milennials aren't the ones clinging to their roles as studio heads well into their 80s

Obama

>words words words
typical leftist meme

>DUNC
>good
choose one

Attached: Q2Tbuqx.png (849x32, 3.29K)

For the Wheel of Time specifically, I'm almost sure that the showrunner either never read the books or he read them while actively looking to change stuff. Only an egotistical maniac with no real interest in the source material would insert so much OC fanfiction while cutting some of the most compelling/intriguing parts. I understand that to adapt a book you have to cut a lot of shit and piece stuff back together, but most of his choices seem to have no point. "Sorry guys, were not gonna have time to introduce Elayne or to see any of the foresaken, we have to spend half an episode trying to make Lan cry, plus make sure we save enough time for Moiraine to get her pussy eaten by the Amyrlin seat".

He probably got the job because he told them he would insert as much diversity as he could into it, even if it made no sense. Three quarters of the books are already "Girls rule! No, boys rule! No, girls rule!" and there is plenty of diversity to be had once they leave their village, but they just couldn't help themselves.