What the FUCK even happened in The Godfather 2 (1974)?

What the FUCK even happened in The Godfather 2 (1974)?
In Michael's story in particular. I never really got the subtle story telling and the way you have to piece together what each character thinks without it being obvious.

Attached: pepe.jpg (976x850, 61.9K)

All I got is that the Jew guy was the main villain and Michael sperged out and killed his own brother just because he was retarded.

Accurate synopsis.

It's just the deleted pages from the first movie's script.

>these are the simpletons you share a board with
Well, that settles it

Attached: 1493346551543.jpg (641x530, 41.22K)

Idk, I just really like the movies

What are you talking about? Give an example of
>subtle story telling and the way you have to piece together what each character thinks without it being obvious.

It can't be that simple because every explanation of the story involves the words "in the book" meaning you would have needed to have read the book to understand it properly

Attached: R14kkDj.png (657x527, 13.38K)

Like when Michael and Hyman Roth are talking in Roth's house and then later in Cuba. What the FUCK does each of them know and what do they think the other knows?

Attached: 1643192118642.png (608x439, 140.55K)

Also what did he mean by this?

Attached: Frank-Pantangeli-Death-Godfather.jpg (740x370, 27.41K)

Michael knows Roth tried to have him killed.
Roth suspects he knows but doesn't say explicitly.
Michael is holding back the money because he intends to kill Roth but he's also right to be hesitant in that the rebels could take over the current government, which would eradicate their proposed venture into Havana, and indeed they do a few days later.

Tom recalls to Frank how traitorous generals in the Roman military were given the opportunity to kill themselves in exchange for their family to be taken care of. Tom is suggesting that should Frank kill himself his family would be looked after so he complies to ensure his family doesn't lose everything.

Thanks user

Attached: 1615214901960.jpg (960x943, 60.43K)

You're welcome.

>What the FUCK even happened in The Godfather 2 (1974)?
>In Michael's story in particular.
hack writing

godfather 2 is one of the most overrated films of all time. the godfather 1 is a masterpiece.

Agree the first one was a lot better

They're both masterpieces, first one is just better.

Not at all, the only possible bit of the movie that would need explaining with something outside of it is Kay’s claims that something is wrong with their son. Apparently Coppola planned in developing that bit in the film but there wasn’t time or something.

Two is head and shoulders better than the first. You faggots are so contrarian you’d argue that the third was the best if you could get away with it

what an absolutely retarded post

second one was half great (Vito part) half near unwatchably boring (Michael part). First one was good throughout (except the god awful Sicily sequences).

I like the first movie more as well but pic related is such a powerful scene

Attached: 27374866-8233307-image-a-10_1587285070270.jpg (962x541, 82.16K)

It's stitched together from leftover parts. It talks. It moves in fits and starts but it has no mind of its own. The plot defies any rational synopsis.

Attached: 1606590189031.png (312x451, 189.19K)

Third one is objectively much better than the piece of shit part 2.

>admitting to being filtered

Why?

sauce (for picrel)?

>being filtered
don't care

Attached: 53csbx.jpg (300x290, 48.04K)

>Hey Godfather, I'm actually your brothers bastard son and after 30 years wanted to let you know
>Good. I will make you my successor on the spot

Who the fuck wrote this?