The last duel

Offtoday, hella hungover. Saw its on hbomax, worth the time to watch it?
Also
Any other recommendations on the hbos?

Attached: Screenshot_20220131-122853_Firefox.jpg (1079x1481, 787.41K)

Yeah it's good!

I enjoyed it. Smoke a bowl and enjoy.

the fact that both the guys have imperfect memories of what actually happened, but the woman remembers everything perfectly and has the objective truth was silly as hell to me

Came with no expectations and knowing nothing about it and I really enjoyed it

Netflix really hit it out of the park with this one! Also, Adam Driver is smokin' hot!

I think Matt Damon’s character made it all up to get revenge

I had no problem with her version being the "truth" for the sake of the audience understanding the other two characters, but in my opinion they should have had her committed to the truth 100%. She lies during the trial which would make sense if her version was jist another version

the actual duel was the best action scene I've watched in a long time

From what I gathered, the duel in the film is a fairly decent representation of what actually happened.

Worth a watch but it needed a far better editor. There's so much fluff due to the way that the story's told.
They should have either made it a courtroom drama with the characters explicitly recalling certain details, or else used a different framing device because just running through the story 3 times with certain scenes cut from different perspectives resulting in jarring cuts that mean one scene cuts straight to a scene set 5 years later was not the best move.

made what all up? the rape? because that doesnt make any sense. plus when introducing "Marguerite's" chapter they essentially outright confirm her's is "the truth"

Watch this instead.

Attached: TD.png (640x972, 920.83K)

They are no imperfect memories, it is all their own point of view.

It's well made. one or two small issues but altogether a strong production
the issues:
>grey filter
>THE TRUTH

and then watch Potop (The Deluge) and The Duelist (Russian film) for more duel kinos.

As I understand it it was not the objective truth but the truth that the others had to listen to and judge, ignoring what the 2 men told.

One of the best movies of the past year

A better ending would be if we see Ben Affleck's character return to his castle, switch off the candles and open his wardrobe. And we see an exact replica of Le Gris' armour and a rubber face mask of Adam Driver and then he turns to the camera and starts laughing until it suddenly cuts to:
THE TRUTH

>based on unsolved Trial by Combat in Medieval France
>BUT let me tell you what really happened THE TRUTH
>absolute hack SCOTT
Literally the movie would have been absolute KINO if he played the marguerite and the carrouges family angle more and left the marguerite story also open. Basically leave the audience to decide and think over it. BUt no the hack couldnt help himself to tell us what really happened. Literally fucked up his own KINO.