Heroes of Might and Magic 4 is better than Heroes of Might and Magic 3. I've played both extensively...

Heroes of Might and Magic 4 is better than Heroes of Might and Magic 3. I've played both extensively, I have nostalgia for both but I have to acknowledge that the community consensus that prefers 3 is simply wrong.

Explain why 3 is better without using childish insults or meme buzzwords.

Attached: 2BF9E9A7-0F8A-492B-9BF4-0631C9756AF8.jpg (1299x778, 463.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lrLCLfoxKb4
youtu.be/UEaCNtIHSgY
youtube.com/watch?v=G4zi24wXEWk
youtube.com/watch?v=sw8v5__Ytf4
youtube.com/watch?v=I9Dz8mKgeOs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Music for this feel?

Tell me 6.5 flicks where that discussion happens

And how is 4 better? 3 is an all time classic in the genre, 4 looks like a board game and there isnt much improvent overall

youtube.com/watch?v=lrLCLfoxKb4

Homm4 has the stones to make fresh bold changes to the game while still retaining SOVL, it’s not my fault some people refuse to accept improvement

HOMM4 somehow looks way worse HOMM3, they fucked up in the art department. The overworld is ugly, the towns look terrible.

>my mom in other room on her phone
>suddenly youtu.be/UEaCNtIHSgY starts playing
>she was watching some short clip of an old train going through Siberia

Stop living in the past like some russian incel. Play homm6, it's great.

Does 4 have a random map generator?

>still retaining SOVL
Looks like dogshit & terrible balance. Changed for the sake of change, can meme it but there is no soul here.

Attached: 42894298456.jpg (639x361, 40.33K)

>*ring ring*
It's for your, king.

Attached: 1610678925119.png (590x469, 219.71K)

It looks like absolute dogshit though.
I prefer 5, thank you.

heroes of might and magic II were the best though, as maps had incredible balance on most difficult setting, you literally couldn't make a single bad step in the beginning or you'd be crushed for sure

I dont play ubisoft titles thank you

Heroes IV is effectively unfinished, with barely functioning AI, lack of good map objects, poor balance (seriously Order is dummy OP), has pretty terrible visuals in places (square towns, bad creature animations) and awkward combat screen. Furthermore, regardless of how you feel about Hero participation in combat, it wasn't very well balanced at all.
What IV has over III is strides forward in creature variety and abilities, better magic system (albeit bloated), and map scripting.
In short, despite some fresh ideas, some of which were implemented well and others badly, III is a more fulfilled game, especially after years of polish by dedicated community.

Attached: hd.png (1920x1080, 3.06M)

I simply grew up playing 3 and havent tried a single other one

On top of my head:
>amazing artstyle that has stood the test of time, as opposed to tacky pseudo3d
>unique music that can warm anyone's heart, perfectly fitting the environments, vs soundtrack that, to a large part, consisted of barely samples; neither Sea nor Dirt themes are original (iirc due to the mismanagement plaguing 3do at the time Paul was given little to no time and had to improvise)
>more robust combat, hexes being superior to squares
It's been a while since I played HoMM IV and may have missed a bunch of other shortcomings, maybe the campaigns were weak, maybe balance was all ahoo ( III isn't that balanced either but has a more polished and rational feel to it idk). Being able to stack heroes is questionable. I found the idea of units being able to traverse the map without packrat heroes nice (though I bet the finer points of balance were lost), caravans made army management easier too.
Overall, had they had more time to work on it and came up with a more tasteful artstyle, it would've been a great continuation of the series.
youtube.com/watch?v=G4zi24wXEWk
KINO

I played a lot of HOMM IV in my childhood, so now even though I very rarely play games anymore I'll find the time to play a game or two every year. But I'm too much of a brainlet to win the harder maps in any other way than picking Order and destroying everything with illusions and hypnosis and berserk and teleport and blind and the rest of all the OP shit.

they are both graphically inferior to the superbly V

Attached: V.jpg (188x207, 26.77K)

youtube.com/watch?v=sw8v5__Ytf4
youtube.com/watch?v=I9Dz8mKgeOs

SPAZZMATICUS
a young king on a quest to rule the world

4 reminded me of warcraft.
3 is kino.
2 is also kino.

V was pretty solid

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1643024694913.jpg (1424x842, 369.71K)

That looks vastly worse than III.

Attached: Heroes-of-Might-and-Magic-III-25.06.2019-12_42_13.jpg (800x600, 219.62K)

Why do you keep posting about this here?

>playing this on a 800x600 crt screen, having come home from school
>the feeling of wonder and vast unexplored world
>whole life still ahead of you
>ears being treated to gorgeous, inspiring music
I want to go back.

Attached: 18972741452db8fd7921f6b8a3e5eea29cd758d0090c669246fed875eb99f114_1[1].jpg (640x381, 93.61K)

wow, I've only played 6 and 7 so I'm not used to see pics of 2 and 4, but yikes! that is a really clogged ui! I dont even know where the castle is, lul

>the games where the skeletons are archers as well so now you can blot out the sun and one-hit-kill stacks before they ever reach you

Attached: English Accent.png (339x419, 203.46K)