What would it take for this not to be terrible?

What would it take for this not to be terrible?

Hard mode: no mentioning cast members ethnicity

Attached: 1643650974618.jpg (1280x720, 124.9K)

>What would it take for this not to be terrible?
Not existing, that would unironically be perfect.

Just some Howard Shore music and sweeping shots of NZ
Honestly that's all it will take, just wait for the trailer with the SuperBowl. Normies will love it

This. It’s genuinely impossible for it to made today, or potentially ever, and not be shit. A company like amazon simply can‘t do it

Being able to hype hormones into watching the first episode has nothing to do with how good the show is. You can make anything a fotm hit these days with enough marketing

I mean you are not wrong but never bank against nostalgia after seeing what's been successful the last several years. This show is prime for cashing in on that
But if you want an answer about quality it's all going to come down the writing because they have very little book material to go off.

>Hard mode: no mentioning cast members ethnicity
No one wants to see LotR tarnished by current year trends in corporate America.

If they wanted to make Lord of the Kangs they should have just set it in the South or far East. It's not that fucking hard. Moreover we could get some amazon fanfiction to fill in what happened to the two blue wisemen.

Americans get to worship blackmen, humans get to enjoy lore. Normalfags pretend to like the series because the critics have to love it due to the new ethnic additions. Everyone's happy.

Some of the show probably will take place in the south and the east because the whole power balance between the Numenoreans and Sauron in those regions is a pretty important part of the second age

>Not being white is a trend created by corporate America

???

Would've need to have been made twenty years ago.

And that's a good thing.

I don't care about those areas user. I was just saying that at least those areas are canon 'diverse' and would preclude, or at least mitigate, Amazon fucking with the main continuity too much. Hearing we're getting what we're getting AND they're gonna waste time in these places does not make me feel better at all.

It's just my expectation but hard to tell anything for certain
Seems to me like there will be three main storylines
>the Elves - Galadriel, Gil-Galad, Celebrimbor etc
>Numenoreans - Pharizon, Elendil, Isildur etc
>Sauron
That would make sense because the show would move towards a converging of the three main storylines by the end with the War of the Last alliance
Everything else with hobbits, dwarves, whoever I expect to be minor shit

Lots of things, problem is you are all a bunch of hyperbolic faggots with little to no ability to think for yourselves

Just make a fantasy show that isn't trying to force or push a non fantasy agenda. I want to watch a show about hobbits, elves, dwarves, dragons, etc. and not a show about how the pansexual hobbit with one leg and a side cut wants to have a relationship with a genderfluid obese elf.

>if there were no niggers
>if they didn’t change established lore
>if the showrunners weren’t the writers for star trek beyond
>if amazon was actually interested in doing an adaptation and not just fishing for the GoT r*dditor crowd

No non-whites.

That was easy.

by digging up JRR Tolkiens corpse, putting 10,000 volts through it until life returns and then making him the scriptwriter.

>a show about how the pansexual hobbit with one leg and a side cut wants to have a relationship with a genderfluid obese elf.
why do you keep dreaming about this sort of thing, it's not healthy.

>doesnt mention any of the "things"
nice strawman there, snowflake.

>What would it take for this not to be terrible?
Hire people who actually know and like Tolkien's works.
That's the sole reason why the first trilogy (with all its faults) was so successful
This is just another chance for woke trannies to push their stupid agenda