Why does Hollywood think people want to sit through movies that are three hours long...

Why does Hollywood think people want to sit through movies that are three hours long? Do they think movies are some kind of endurance test?

Attached: 872027F3-3E14-4FDA-B8DC-15FB8E81F0CE.jpg (750x664, 345.93K)

Eat shit, shill
Kys
All fields

Look up how long the top three highest grossing films of all time are. Apparently people love sitting through long films.

Yet people binge 8 episodes of squid game?

>3 hours
Only if its a good movie. Time will fly by. I felt like I died watching Eternals. Fuck that movie! Seriously felt like I woke up from a nap when it was over… like what day is it sorta nap.

If a film manages to stay interesting it can take 6 hours for all I care. Cape shit has no business being this long though.

Films absolutely should be an endurance test, if you can't sit down and watch a movie for 3 hours you should be put on a fucking list and never allowed to breed or raise adopted children

Take your ADHD meds, zoomie. Some of the best movies ever made are around 3 hours.

I want more story to be told, plots resolved and characters developed. If it takes 3+ hours then so be it. Some of the best films are like 5-10+ hours long so why not capeshit? Because the audience is too adhd addled to sit even a second without using their phones or whatever. If it was a "mini-series" no one would be complaining

I need to go to the toilet during a 2 hour film. I remember longer films used to have intermission, because otherwise you miss part of the film.

If Pirates of the Carribean: World's End can do it.

If its good people would, people binge more than 3 hours of tv shows they like
The problem is with shit movies, then you dont want to see 3 hours of it

> felt like I woke up from a nap when it was over
My buddy slept thru almost all of Return of the King back in the day

> 5-10+ hours long
Wife and I went to the last Bale Batman movie and they played the previous movies leading up to the first showing. Shit was cash money. Wish more theaters did that shit. Very good time.

long movies are fine so long as they're engaging and interesting.

Long movies are fine, so long as the rest of the film-goers don't complain when I piss and\or shit myself during it to avoid missing out on potentially essential scenes.
>Dude, what's that smell
>What the fuck, this dude is ACTUALLY shitting himself
Not my problem

Attached: 1639500386547.png (264x264, 112.32K)

It's basically the problem that video game sizes have nowadays, the developers don't want to put in effort to condense the file size, just like films become bloated and overly long

DC FAILED AGAIN

>le characters development!!!!
What the fuck are you talking about? 100 minutes is the perfect runtime for a film, 2 hours can work. 2.5+ hours is directors jerking themselves off.
LotR is one of the greatest movie series ever made, but the last hour of #3 is literal filler.

>zoomers-and-women-will-never-understand length
Extremely based

Don't be autistic Even a child knows how to time a movie so they can pump n dump in a lull.

Not my problem