Dr strange is the most "whatever" mcu character. Blandest personality and powers...

Dr strange is the most "whatever" mcu character. Blandest personality and powers. Not a bad side character but definitely does not deserve his own movies. He's basically a less charismatic iron man whose power is undefined, just "magic." And he always gets his ass beat anyways.

Attached: download.jpg (186x270, 10.78K)

Yeah
We need ant man to beat the shit out of his wife, that would shake things up. Just imagine the shitstorm

The MCU nerfed both of their Godlike power characters.
The hulk went from being capable of growing into a monster than could tear the world apart to generic tank
And Doctor Strange went from limited only by the power of the being he was channeling (Dormammu, literally a universe, being his go to) to being generic clothy.

I guess it made sense at the time to balance them all, but it really killed some of the cooler arcs they could be doing.

I'm not a fan of magic, but the special effects in the last movie were crazy, and this new movie looks even crazier.

>gets dabbed by Spider-Man

Lol

He used to be the most powerful character in the comics. He got nerfed hard at one point

He’s not a crime fighter. He’s not even a first responder like the F4. He’s an interdimensional mediator.

The only real time Dr Strange came into his own in the comics is when he faced off against Dracula and kicked the living shit out of him twice. I think the last time this happened was in the 70’s.

Not nearly as “whatever” as Shang Chi

Non magic practitioners would not like him

Shang Chi falls into "meh" territory with capn marvel and Hawkeye. Dr strange is a step above that at least.

His movie was visually interesting, but I had no idea what the fuck his powers were.
Everyone was freaking out about him freezing time, but like he could also jump to different realities and teleport, so who cares.

Also the Ancient One gaining power from the 'Dark Dimension' meant absolutely nothing to me.

He sucks because cucumberpatch is so uncharismatic.

Shang chi is at least top 5 mcu. The villain alone is top 3.

> The villain alone is top 3.
The dad is just another cliche “villain has the same powers/is just like the hero but bad.” Unless you mean the cgi monster with no personality.

Shang chi is easily the blandest film to come out of the MCU. At least captain marvel was offensively bad, or black panther was remarkable for how everyone pretended it was amazing even though it was the definition of mediocre. Shang chi is just... forgotten. And rightly so.

Ancient One is basically Proto-Wanda.

bleh level

How do I read comics bros? Every time I try to get into something (Moon knight, Batman, Dr strange) I cant make it past the 3rd or 4th chapter. They are so slow, filled with nonsensical rambling and absolutely zero stakes are involved and I don't get why I should keep on reading them.
I do wanna get into dr strange since the comic version is a lot better but I think it will not suit me

He just has to deal with everyone's shit,and everyone is either out to kill him or they don't know that they're fucking up his plans i like it

Attached: Thinking about world ending spells.jpg (782x765, 55.17K)

Yes he is the new Tony Stark since they needed someone like him for the new MCU. And Stark's power was undefined as well. In the end it was basically "nano bots" which may as well be techno-magic.

What I'm saying is, the golden age of MCU is over. The woke era has begun.

You just have to go with the flow a bit and get into the way they tell stories and how they speak differently, which is especially important depending on how old the comics you want to read are
With Dr Strange at least, his early stories are very short (usually only 8 pages or so) since he was just a back up feature at first so you can get through them quickly

I find Strange's "seriousness" refreshing.
You can't have everyone be a quip machine

Attached: 1623654686286.jpg (905x881, 266.42K)

>depending on how old the comics you want to read are
I did try to get through the older ones because I want the full story but it was too slow, I might just try the newer ones.

He looks sharp af and tho