There are only three Star Wars movies. That's why it's called a trilogy. It says so right there on the box

There are only three Star Wars movies. That's why it's called a trilogy. It says so right there on the box.

No more. No less.

Attached: 817bhNs0NhL.jpg (1554x2560, 498.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_(film)#Development
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>No less
that's where you're wrong, kiddo.
Return of the Jedi is not canon and was a merchandising cash grab. The full story was told in Hope and Empire.

Luke's confrontation with the Emperor and Vader in the throne room is absolute kino of the highest order, though. Just ignore the part where Vader says "...your sister" and it's pure gold.

You got it wrong, there never was Episode 4: A New Hope. It was always Star Wars and only Star Wars. Everything after except for Alan Dean Foster’s book Splinter of the Mind’s Eye and the Ralph McQuarrie concept art is not canon

George Lucas said they are movies for kids. I think he says this to avoid certain criticisms about Ewoks and Jar Jar.

I like viewing everything after the original trilogy as their own separate things and I make up my own highly autistic fanfiction for what happened before and after because both the prequels and sequels don't line up with the original trilogy

ok yoda

the Prequel Trilogy is not bad, just ignore Jar Jar. The Original Trilogy will always be the best.

>full story
>ends on a cliffhanger after Luke finds out about his dad and Han getting kidnapped by Booba Fart

Attached: 510072C3-A7B9-4BD9-87F5-4E62FA06BA59.gif (500x210, 2.29M)

I know you're baiting, and probably a zoomer. But a New Hope (Star Wars) was written as a one off story and ESB and Jedi were written together.

But I guess Boba fett fags are using some weird mental gymnastsics to defend their favorite lame background character these days

Why was did Lucas shoot a scene with Jaba the Hutt and Obiwan gave Luke his fathers Lightsaber? Darth Vader also survives even when his Tie-Fighter was shot. Lucas did plan for sequels in mind yet did not write them yet.

>Lucas did plan for sequels in mind yet did not write them yet.

The stories for any possible sequels were not written, yes. No one knew if the movie would bomb or not. It's a one shot. Mr ESL.

ESB and Jedi scripts were pinned together afterwards after Lucas was given the greenlight to make them

The prequels are true kino. Originals are shit desu

>ESB and Jedi were written together.
When TESB was written, Lucas still had a subsequent set of movies in mind that would have introduced Luke's sister. RotJ is what it is because Lucas wanted to be done with Star Wars, so he decided to use Leia to tie off the "No, there is another" loose end and wrap up the story. But you're right in that Lucas went into TESB knowing it would get a sequel.

Definitive Star Wars ranking:

6 > 7 > 4 > 1 > 5 > 9 > 3 > 8 > 2

Attached: FC495047-15E1-4E79-B1B4-5C0FFCAF6889.jpg (215x266, 26.36K)

Did you order them with a randomizer?

i have this box set

They’re in order from best to worst.

Go to bed, old man.

Based.

I was partially wrong, Lucas did write a 300 page rough draft that spanned the whole trilogy, and with that rough draft he divided it into 3 parts. He only secured a budget for 1 movie but it was not written as a 1-off. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_(film)#Development