Was it really a better overall experience as opposed to streaming?

Was it really a better overall experience as opposed to streaming?

Attached: 1631222758638.jpg (1280x960, 213.7K)

It was where I used to pick up young boys. I miss it.

I truly hope you die an insufferable death. You are everything wrong with this board.

STOP POSTING THESE GOD DAMMED SHITTY NOSTALGIA THREADS NIHGEE

Not at all. The amount of effort it took made the process seem more worthwhile

Well I'm a fat ass now and I wasn't then, so anything that lets me be lazy instead of having to get up to swap out the damn VHS tape or disc is better in my book. At least the visual quality is better.

it prolonged the buildup, the foreplay if you will, and that step in a process registers more dopamine than the rest

No matter how many movies you watch, you'll always gonna pay the same amount on streaming. No wonder people end up wasting time watching dozens of half-cooked series/movies and complaining about their quality. Back then your retention was higher since you had a time limit: making you pay more attention and watching the extras. There was also the social aspect getting to speak to the cashier about which movie sucks and which not. Convenience makes us apathetic.
That being said, it's funny to see people gettin' jewed, having to cough up extra bucks to see a couple of movies on different streaming plataforms. No harm in being a pirate again.

Attached: videoteca.jpg (800x600, 413.2K)

I miss renting video games. Not so much movies.

>Any Forums in its natural habitat

Attached: Screenshot_20220131-181734_kindlephoto-14495391.png (454x727, 285.77K)

>Boomers will defend paying $5 to rent a new release for a few days at blockbuster cause of Muh Nostalgia but gripe when you have to pay $10 a month for HBO Max

Attached: d4st6q22zpr71.jpg (1076x1051, 206.14K)

No, but I'd pay 18 years worth of late fees for a weekend as a 10 year old again.

I've never rented a movie nor have I ever streamed a movie.
I watch it in theatres/buy the movie on physical media, or I torrent it.

yes, i used to go there to hang out with friends. i have no friends now.

Physical media sets limits for expectations but the pay off from renting a great movie and copying it onto another tape was so good.

what people really miss is going with their family

At one point, absolutely. At the end the prices were getting ridiculous and the rental times shorter and shorter. If they still existed and had a monthly subscription where you could rent and return as much as you want like 2 at a time, I would still prefer it by a mile.
I miss it too, but it would be gay now. Having to download the whole game onto your system to play it like you have to do now is gay as fuck. Stuff like Xbox GamePass is cheap and convenient, but I never even used it because having to wait on a download instead of just plugging in a cartridge or disc fucking sucks fat dick

and no responsibilities

What people aren't mentioning, is that back in the day, you didn't really know what movie you were going to leave with. That was a big part of the appeal. Someone would say "let's get a movie tonight", and you'd go to blockbuster, look at the movies and pick one out. So a part of the experience was looking at all the movies they had and deciding what you wanted to watch. They had a lot of cheesy b movies and stuff so you never really knew what you were going to get. It doesn't sound like much but it was just a really different experience from today, because people generally decide what they want to watch then just boot up Netflix, or look at Netflix for a few minutes which mostly just has a bunch of popular titles.

This is exactly why I would still choose it today if they had a monthly subscription like I mentioned here Physical boxes on a shelf >>>>>> scrolling

>it prolonged the buildup, the foreplay if you will, and that step in a process registers more dopamine than the rest

This post right here sums up this whole topic perfectly. user, it's posts like these that sometimes make me wish we had some type of private messaging system. I'm sure you're an intelligent person with who has many interesting viewpoints on very many things.

Straight to the point too.

>he doesn't realize he responded to a serial coomer

>They had a lot of cheesy b movies and stuff so you never really knew what you were going to get.
And some were fine, guilty pleasures.

Attached: MV5BYmIyY2E5YjMtZDA3NC00MmIzLWFkZmItNzVlODllZWNlZmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIzOTk5ODM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1517, 132.21K)

No

I miss it bros

The world was just a better place then. Widely available public Internet and cell phones were a massive mistake.

It was a piss off and over priced. Only literal retards bought snacks from it. Was great when they started to get desperate though and offer longer and cheaper rentals.

I dont think Ive ever been to a blockbuster/hollywood video with aisles that wide.

Reading reviews wasn't as common either so there was often a bit of a gamble involved.

That's a really good point. It kind of sucks how in modern times, when people want to watch a movie, they always want to know what the reviews were. Back then you often just picked out something and hoped for the best