TOM HANKS BTFO A MAN SO HARD HE QUIT ACTING FOR 2 DECADES

>IT TOOK JUST 2 WORDS "DEAD EYES"
>JUNE 2000 - Ratliff auditioned for a small role in the HBO series Band of Brothers
>The day before Ratliff was set to begin filming he was fired because Hanks allegedly said Ratliff had "dead eyes"

Attached: MR HANX.jpg (1387x983, 1.06M)

>producer of a high quality tv show wants his actors to have screen presence
Oh the horror

>The Missouri-born Ratliff, then an aspiring actor in his mid-twenties living in England, landed what he hoped would be a life-changing role in HBO’s World War II epic Band of Brothers
>playing Private Zielinski, the aide to the show’s central character, the stoic officer Dick Winters (a young Damian Lewis)
>Hanks had developed the miniseries and was directing the episode that featured Zielinski, aptly titled “Crossroads”
>Hanx wanted him to come back in, essentially to audition again
>Worse, Ratliff’s agent’s assistant told him that Hanks felt Ratliff had “dead eyes.”

Attached: ratliff.jpg (800x1200, 513.04K)

>creates an offspring so powerful her BTFOs an entire race
The man can't be stopped. It's white boy summer, forever.

>The re-audition went by in a blur — by this point, most of the Zielinski dialogue had been cut, leading a puzzled Hanks to ask, “Oh, is that it? I wish there was more!” — and moments later, Ratliff’s worst fears were realized:
>Hanks had decided to replace him. In a state of shock, he spent the afternoon wandering the streets of London. When he came across a poster of Hanks’ most recent hit, The Green Mile, in Picadilly Circus, it was a personal rock-bottom.

>“I just remember thinking, ‘I’m never going to forget this. I’m going to be constantly reminded of this experience,’ ” Ratliff says now. '
>“A lot of bad experiences in life, you can get away from.
>But when an aspect of that experience is so ingrained in the popular culture, that was when I realized this thing I thought was going to be so great was now a huge bummer for me.”

Attached: greenmile.jpg (1000x1480, 108.85K)

jesus man get a thicker skin
if you wanna be an actor get used to be people commenting on your looks

>Ratliff was right: Losing the job was a huge bummer.
>It triggered a series of events that drove him out of acting for the better part of a decade.
>And even 20 years later, after working his way back into showbiz through improv comedy, he is constantly reminded of the experience, just as he knew he would be.

>But that’s because he’s turned it into a hugely successful podcast, Dead Eyes (Season Three premieres Oct. 28)
>The podcast rehashes the event of his firing in minute detail, interrogating the very concept of disappointment along the way

>During the pandemic, the series reached new heights of popularity, bringing in prominent guest stars like Seth Rogen and Elijah Wood, as well as several key Band of Brothers contributors.
>So, too, did Ratliff’s long-running parody The George Lucas Talk Show, in which he frosts his hair and beard to play the notoriously self-aggrandizing Star Wars director, forever defending the prequel films and The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles

it gets worse

he has a podcast called 'dead eyes' and apparently they just discuss his firing 22 years ago

the definition of rent free

Attached: dead.jpg (1000x1000, 118.22K)

>This is not the version of the career he envisioned for himself when he was growing up in the Midwest.
>“My fantasies were all about creating a body of work,” he says, recalling how his childhood bedroom was overflowing with Star Wars memorabilia and bound volumes of Carl Barks’ Donald Duck comics.
>Even as an adult, his apartment is filled with posters and DVDs and toys celebrating the work he loves best.
>“No one ever says, ‘Can you sign my podcast?’ ” he says with a shrug.

Attached: laugh-tom-hanks.gif (388x226, 1.18M)

You're joking, right?

sad

The podcast thing is fake right? How can he have a 3 season podcast about a 20 minute encounter?

To top it all off and make it somehow worse, the character he was set to play is a literal cuckold servant played by a literal who actor

Attached: CUCKLINSKI.webm (640x352, 2.56M)

because hes not promoting disinformation and racism chud

Tom hanks is a piece of shit nigger, always has been. I really don't get why burgers love this faggot so much.

If this guy knew about infraorbital rim implants his career could have been saved.

Kind of want to beat this guy up

i have a buddy whose cousin is an actor and he says tom hanks is considered the biggest piece of shit in hollywood

it's fuckin real kek 30+ episodes deep
not sure how he lands such big guests

he needs fucking Chet

Attached: dead-eyes.jpg (2504x2568, 2.24M)

fuckin hell this is existential crisis material

jej

30 episodes and 20 years of trauma caused by two words

Tom Hanks truly has a silver tongue

If this guy had an ounce of manliness in him, he'd find tom hanks alone and beat the shit out of him and happily serve the sentence.