Takes off helmet

>takes off helmet
>freezes instantly

Attached: inCollage_20220130_233858327.jpg (848x638, 258.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=21&v=KO8L9tKR4CY
youtube.com/watch?v=W7Qj8OMEdJI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

researching stuff was harder before the internet

Why did lines appear on him?
Was he turning into pinhead from Hellraiser?
Truly, Star Wars was ahead of its time, space is hell.

I love that according to different movies and tv shows, the effects of being spaced range from "you are ok if you exhale and don't breathe and shield yourself from the cold" to "immediate freezing and suffocation" or "instant explosive death".

this

and all of them are scientifically accurate

Space is very cold, 455 degrees Fahrenheit

5/10

there is also nothing around you that can take away your body heat tho. literally no atoms at all. how can heat dissipate away from your body?

>"instant explosive death".
That would be the case, instant decompression.

Heat dissipation through radiation, nigga. Your body heat literally radiates away from you.

I’m not a scientist, but according to the highest results on google it wouldn’t be instantaneous or explosive. Since space is a total vacuum all the air in your body would immediately be sucked out of you though, and you’d begin to both suffocate and flash freeze pretty much immediately though.

We never had the opportunity to test it out on someone (except that one Italian guy but not really)

There's a colloquial difference between something being "cold" and something having "low temperature." The way our bodies measure whether something is hot or cold is through the transfer of heat. Even though the temperature of space is very low, heat transfer from your body to space would be extremely slow. The only way for it to happen is for your body to radiate heat away through infrared rays. Depending on where you are and if you're exposed to the sun, you might even heat up.

What happens to the air in your lungs is quite a different story. Individual air molecules travel at ~350m/s at room temperature. You don't notice this normally because when the air pressure between your lungs and environment is constant, the opposing forces cancel each other out. Take away that ambient pressure, and your lungs violently decompress. I don't know the extent to which it would damage your lungs, or whether it would be fatal, but I'm positive you would lose consciousness rapidly.

immediate freezing can only happen if you are spaced on to the cold place with an atmosphere, like Titan or Mars.
but in space you can actually cook alive because your body produces more heat than it can radiate away, and since there is no other way of getting rid of that your own heat, you start boiling from the inside

It would be explosive if you still have air inside of you, the sucking out part causes that.

movies have to compress time to move the plot along that's why people who get shot typical die instantly so they dont have to show them slowly die over 10mins. Its agreed you would die if exposed to open space even if it might not be instant.

Not quite right

Flash freezing or heat would be the least of your worries. Air would be forced out your body, your bodily fluids begin to boil, you pass out from lack of oxygen in seconds and exposing yourself to raw sun radiation would permanently fuck you up.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=21&v=KO8L9tKR4CY

We need to execute prisoners by spacing them to find out for sure what happens.

That reminds me of that drilling platform accident deep underwater where one person fucked up and all of them exploded.

>flash freeze
Only if you are far from the Sun, or if you are on the night side of the planet. In orbit of Sun at the distance of Earth 1 AU, under constant illumination of the Sun your body would not freeze, its a habitable zone. But you will start heating up uncontrolably untill you reach temperature 145 Celsius and die

>Your body heat literally radiates away from you
At what rate? Your body is not an ideal radiator, it produces more heat than it can radiate through radiation, but in the Earth atmosphere excess heat is taken away by convection. Not the case in space.

one film does this well. I think it's Sunshine

Your blood would also boil as the dissolved bases tried to escape the liquid.

I would just keep falling, see you on Mars you slow fucks

Attached: 1552_mag-article-large-615.jpg (615x349, 75.66K)

Not, you misremember, its Cloverfield Paradox
youtube.com/watch?v=W7Qj8OMEdJI

You'll feel that the next day!